Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home made action Q  (Read 2499 times)

G Lund

Home made action Q
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:44:17 pm »

Hey all, I'll start by saying that on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) in pscs2 knowlage, I am a 4 or a 5 on a good day. That said, I was reading "The photoshop cs2 book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby...He walks you thru stuff step by step...he talks about skin softening that I did and liked it alot, so I dcided to try to make an action out of it....I recorded every step up untill the last one when you choose the brush tool to go over the eyes, lips, hair...etc...figured that had to be done on a per pic basis. I assigned the action to the f11 key.
Now the issue, I opened a photo and hit the f11 key and it did blur the pic, I then choose the brush tool to sharpen the eyes and such and, it did nothing...so...I closed the pic, opened it again and the brush tool worked fine for sharpening the eyes and such. The action works just fine if I open a pic I want to work on twice, it will never do it on the first try, only when I close it and open it up again.
Whats up with that ?
George

jani

• Øyet
Home made action Q
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:42:41 am »

Perhaps your softening action creates a new layer?

If so, you need to switch back to the main layer or flatten the layers before you can work on the eyes etc.
Jan
Pages: [1]   Go Up