Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Curious: Does anyone still use ColorEyes Display Pro?  (Read 2606 times)

aaronchan

Just Curious: Does anyone still use ColorEyes Display Pro?
« on: March 15, 2016, 12:04:01 pm »

I used to use it when I still had my Eizo CG241W
But now I just use the i1Profiler with i1Display Pro for my cheap LG IPS LCD monitor.
It was a good software back in the day. But seems the others are catching up so quickly to make it less stand out.
Anyone still uses/using it?

aaron

AlterEgo

Re: Just Curious: Does anyone still use ColorEyes Display Pro?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »

I used to use it when I still had my Eizo CG241W
But now I just use the i1Profiler with i1Display Pro for my cheap LG IPS LCD monitor.
It was a good software back in the day. But seems the others are catching up so quickly to make it less stand out.
Anyone still uses/using it?

aaron

if LG does not have h/w luts and OEM software to use them then you will be better of with argyll + displayCAL GUI frontend ( http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/ )... this is a very mature product to use for cases where you can't use OEM software to write into display luts (or display does not have them)

brianrybolt

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »

I stopped using it when it wasn't compatible with the latest Mac OSX.  This was about a year ago.  I've been using i1 profiler Pro puck and their software.  I've been quite happy with it.

JohnHeerema

• Dr. John Heerema
    • http://www.heerema.ca
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

I still use it, with a DTP-94, for my secondary monitors.
My main monitor is a wide-gamut NEC with its own colorimeter, so I'm less affected by any quirks in ColorEyes.

I don't really know what happened to them - Jack Bingham used to respond to e-mails, but my last e-mail from him was in 2007.
There was an upgrade for the Mac in 2012, but January 2013 was the last I heard of a software upgrade.

Jack introduced an awkward licensing scheme some years ago, presumably to avoid pirating - but I think that the actual effect was to reduce the number of people using the software to below whatever critical mass made it worthwhile supporting. Their website is awful, and hasn't been touched in years. Jack apparently didn't do his own programming, so maybe he lost the actual developer. It's a shame, because he seemed to be quite a leader in colour management, back in the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up