Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elinchrom ELC Pro HD 1000 vs Profoto D1 1000  (Read 28823 times)

yashima

Re: Elinchrom ELC Pro HD 1000 vs Profoto D1 1000
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2016, 10:20:56 pm »

Also I heard some TTL mono coming soon from Bron side, it should be the B1 competition except should equipped wi better performance.

Very interesting news if true. Felix, do you have a source for this?

FelixWu

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 10:56:34 pm »

Very interesting news if true. Felix, do you have a source for this?
All I know is definitely TTL will be coming on Bron this year. And it's not in a move form. Lol

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2016, 05:41:47 am »

snip

I've yet to have a problem with them - and no issue with overheating fanless heads.

Please be aware the fan is not only to cool the housing / modifiers. It also cools the flash tube, which is crucial at higher power and/or fast strobe series. It won´t show you any overheating but shorten flash tube life. Cheers!

Christoph B.

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 12:17:42 pm »

Alright so I've been talking to Elinchrom directly, asking them for some technical data on their color temperature - and surprisingly they themselves never tested it - but(!) they sent me this:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sfoto.se%2Fteknik%2Fblixt-och-annan-ljusutrustning%2Felinchrom-elc-pro-hd&edit-text=

A swedish photographer did actually test the color accuracy and it's pretty good. Much better than expected! But still I lean towards ProFoto - the flash duration is 'okay' but for splash and movements it's definitely not good enough so I also asked ProFoto whether they have any current developments for the D1 planned or maybe a replacement with short flash duration in mind - but they said they cannot comment on future developments. Understandable but still sucks.Anyway for faster flash duration I still have the Ranger RX with the A head, it's not superfast but alright and much better than the D1.

I took some time to look at the Broncolor in detail and while I like the specs I absolutely don't like their mount, reminds me of the Mulitblitz mount which I have had some bad experience with.

FelixWu

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 12:51:17 am »

After much research and comparisons, I have finally decided on a B4 and proB plus combo. Thanks for everyone's contributions and sharings.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up