Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACR adjustment brush settings disappearing?  (Read 2567 times)

Redcrown

ACR adjustment brush settings disappearing?
« on: March 15, 2016, 02:17:37 am »

I found a new problem with my ACR Adjustment Brush. Google does not show me anything relevant. Wondering is anybody has heard of this one.

Sometimes all my ACR brush adjustments simply disappear when I click "Done" to finish. The xmp (or DNG) file is updated (time stamp changes), but all brush adjustments are gone. The thumbnail in Bridge updates showing no adjustments, and when I re-open the image in ACR, no brush adjustments show up. No overlay icons.

I can make a few simple adjustments, close and re-open and the brush adjustments are present. I can repeat with more small adjustments. Close, re-open, all are present. But eventually they all disappear.

I'm not sure yet what triggers the problem, but it only happens when I make multiple strokes while switching back and forth between add and erase. Specifically, it appears to happen only when I use the Erase mode.

I have not used the Adjustment Brush in ACR much. I've always preferred to do masking in Photoshop and will layer multiple versions of ACR conversions when necessary. So I'm not sure how long I've had this problem. I have not updated anything in months, so I'm fairly sure it is not caused by some recent system change.

I'm using ACR version 9.2 under Bridge 6.1 (Photoshop CC 2014) on Windows 7. Problem occurs regardless of whether I launch ACR from Bridge or Photoshop.

Redcrown

Re: ACR adjustment brush settings disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

OK, lets write this one off to gremlins in the machine.

I got to where I could faithfully duplicate the issue using the same adjustments on a particular image. Did it several times.

So I set up to record a video of the process. I copied the image to an empty folder, cleared the cache on that folder just to be safe, and then compacted the entire Bridge cache.

Now I can't make the problem happen again, even after many attempts.

So, must have been some kind of wierd corruption in the Bridge cache, which has a long history of problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up