Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC and System Alert after New System Install  (Read 1615 times)

Michael West

Lightroom CC and System Alert after New System Install
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:25:15 pm »

having just reinstalled my MAC OS X system software...i was hoping everything would remain as it was but smoother.

Photoshop  and Lightroom are running and very very well. But I got a tiny alert after everything launched that said i  needed to install some manner of javascript...and should download it.

before I had a chance to note  that I could click on the  alert ...to do just that... it faded from  view.

Id really hate to have either application stop functioning for whatever reason.

Does anyone have an idea of what functional  reason there might have been for such an alert?

Thank you!

JeanMichel

Re: Lightroom CC and System Alert after New System Install
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »

Do you have some CS4 programs? The new OS shows that note, at leas it did on my new iMac.
Jean-Michel

Michael West

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 05:08:09 pm »

Do you have some CS4 programs? The new OS shows that note, at leas it did on my new iMac.
Jean-Michel

I noted another alert after upgrading to El Capitan this morning. It was related to CS4.

My Lightroom And Photoshop applications are both CC2015 and Im not using any CR4 apps at the mouth so I let it pass.

Thank you.

JeanMichel

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »

Yes, I too now run LR CC and PS CC, but also have the whole CS6 suite that needs no upgrade. I really should get rid of all the previous versions but am perhaps too much of a hoarder thinking that someday a file will not openi in the newest and best version.
Jean-Michel

Michael West

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 10:30:47 pm »

Yes, I too now run LR CC and PS CC, but also have the whole CS6 suite that needs no upgrade. I really should get rid of all the previous versions but am perhaps too much of a hoarder thinking that someday a file will not openi in the newest and best version.
Jean-Michel

I had to rebuild my lightroom catalog when I though that my mac pro had kicked the bucket and I got a new iMac.

the ability to find folders that likely contains raw files...by comparing the contents of a disk with the contents of a given catalog would be wonderful
Pages: [1]   Go Up