Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge  (Read 4937 times)

Atina

Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:38:29 am »

No thread?

I’m a bit surprised, given the interest in the previous version of this phone.

What’s the verdict so far?

How does the camera compare to the previous one?

And, by the way, with this, now bigger, screen, has the Edge+ line been cancelled?

Jose Viegas

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:51:42 am »

I received my s7 (not edge) last Friday and I'm loving it so far. Fast, responsive and with a great camera.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:49:58 am »

I got an S7 last week. Really love it great phone. My previous phone was an S3. Battery life is way different, the S3 would barely last a day, the S7 so far with power saving mode is lasting 3-4 days. The camera is a huge leap up, the raw files are nice as well. I have to make sure that the camera is in pro mode to get the raw files. The biggest thing about the difference between the S6 and S7 is the S7 now takes an micro SD card as well. The ATT rep said the Samsung rep said that leaving out the micro SD was a huge mistake.
Dynamic range is pretty good. I need to run some tests, I can do some tests at home since I am temp. in a wheelchair see what I can come up with.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

greyscale

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:28:54 pm »

Am looking to replace my Iphone5, the Galaxy S7 looks very interesting.
I found this link http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137148-samsung-galaxy-s7-camera-raw-shooting-expert-guide
The link talks about shooting RAW (DNG) on the S7 and editing in Lightroom Mobile.

greyscale
PS. copy and paste the link into our browser, it works.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:19:20 pm by greyscale »

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 08:12:03 am »

I found the raw files to be worth shooting, you can do quite a bit with them. The best camera app I have found is Camera FV-5. It costs a few bucks but is worth it, more control than the Samsung app, including live RGB histogram and easier access to other menus. Also bracketing exposures and being able to set that up. Different flash modes. Also can save in raw. The Camera FV-5 is my default app now for the camera.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

greyscale

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 03:43:21 pm »

Just bought the galaxy s7. Love it!. My old Iphone5 runs at a snails pace compared to the S7. Yes I do miss some of the apps not available on Android that are on my Iphone5 (TPE,OptimumCS Pro, DeRemote). I'll have to find alternatives.
Also, I'm no longer holding my phone as If I'm  eating a pizza slice when on the phone 8)

greyscale

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 11:04:24 am »

TPE is on Android, but I a much, much better replacement is PlanIt! for Photographers, a lot more sophisticated and has a lot more features, a bit of learning curve but really useful, it is on both platforms.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yingwen.photographertoolspro&hl=en

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up