Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Printer Review

(1/22) > >>

iCanvas:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your review. Can you include the quality difference between "Standard" printing and "High" quality printing? Other reviews have stated that there is a visual difference. I have read reviews about the Epson P800 that the quality between "1440" and "2880" printing is almost indistinguishable. Is that the case with this Canon? Is it using more ink for the "High" quality? If that is the case, then it would seem like the Epson P800 could get the best quality at 1440 using less ink. It also seems that the PRO-1000 is using the same printhead that is in the PRO-2000 and PRO-4000. Thanks again,

Gar

Mark D Segal:
Hi Gar,

When I test a printer I like to test it at its highest quality to see fully what it is capable of doing. As well, I never print at anything less than highest quality. Whether or not it uses a little bit more ink I don't care. I'm aiming for reliable high quality every time. I have no way of knowing whether in fact it uses more ink because as I mentioned in the article the software for measuring ink consumption is not yet released, and certainly in the case of Epson P800 users aren't being given any such information. That said, with the Epson printers in general, I've been informed that there is no material difference in ink usage between 1440 and 2880. Don't come to any conclusions yet about comparative ink consumption between these printers because there simply isn't enough evidence to do so. I recommend not depending on reviews for judgments about whether print quality differs between these settings. Some of this is objective, but some of it is in the eye of the beholder. It is best to make one's own test prints at the various settings and see what one finds acceptable.

Ralph Eisenberg:
Mark,

Thanks very much for the Canon Pro-1000 review as well as the earlier one for the Epson P800. Both are very informative and helpful.

Ralph

Mark D Segal:
You are welcome Ralph. Glad you found them useful.

BradSmith:
Mark,
As always, a thorough review and very well written.  Thank you for the large effort that goes into something like this.
Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version