Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 File Folders ver 9  (Read 1096 times)

roscoetuff

• Skip Mersereau
C1 File Folders ver 9
« on: March 08, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »

I've watched the very excellent videos for Capture 1 ver 7 on-site here and downloaded ver 9. With raw files already on my hard drive, I set up to import them into a C1 catalog... which worked fine. Blew it once, but deleted that and re-did it to get things right. Sort of.

There were two twerky things where I'm not sure I understand the cataloging yet. Both imports I did are now different folders under the same catalog rather than separate catalogs as I thought I was going to get. I can figure that out later I guess.

What I'm puzzled by is the fact that I thought import was going to establish a whole slew of subfolders... according to the ver7 video. Did not see that as an option on import into v9... and wonder whether that is a change, or whether that is an option ONLY for importing from memory cards? Do folks care? I thought it would have been nice and clean to have all the RAW files in a separate directory from the JPEG's (I shoot FINE + RAW on a Fuji which means RAW + JPEG). THought Metadata and all the rest of the miscellaneous files were going to be in nice, clean subfolders. Was this junked? or did I miss something?

"Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find." Robert J. Flaherty, Cinematographer

roscoetuff

• Skip Mersereau
Re: C1 File Folders ver 9
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:57 am »

Okay... I think I figured this one out. You guys were just waiting, huh? Watched another video... did another "try". Looks like it worked this time. Created the catalog folder first inside C1, using the C1 browser, clicked "New Folder" and created it - old DOS style... then managed to get everything line up. Sort of. Subfolders were created. Yah! But I'll have to noodle around to see whether the core folder has just the preview images and the "ORIGINALS" folder has the RAF and JPEGs. Hope so. Anyway... DAM (and that is aptly named btw... just sayin') angst seems to be alleviated a bit.

Lynda.com has a decent set of videos btw on Capture One Pro version 8.

Odd that the whole of the program flows easily... but this whole DAM thing seems one of the more difficult. Maybe that's because it's "new" or because it's not automated to the degree that LR's is...I'm not sure. I think it's good, btw... because I've never been comfortable with LR's automation of something so basic as "where are my files?"

So thanks for your patience and not answering. Guess you knew I'd figure it out, huh?
"Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find." Robert J. Flaherty, Cinematographer
Pages: [1]   Go Up