Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 Retina Mac Book pro: anyone regret getting the 13.3" instead of the 15.4"?  (Read 2186 times)

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

Assuming the internal specs (Processor, RAM, flash drive capacity) are similar of course. This will not be my main computer, just for location work. Thank you in advance for our advice. 

AlterEgo

Assuming the internal specs (Processor, RAM, flash drive capacity) are similar of course.

no dGPU in 13.*"... modern converters do use GPU more and more (ACR/LR, C1, etc)... not that 15.*" has anything to write home about dGPU-wise, but still it can have it.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl

I switched from rMBP13'12 to rMBP15'15 with GPU - it drives even 2 external UHD displays and I use it as my main computer (it's virtually as fast as 6 core Mac Pro I took to test for comparison). I loved small form factor of my rMBP13, but the fact is that 15" 16:10 (which is large as 17" 16:9 in most PC notebooks) is much more convenient in use, and still pretty slim and light.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

brianrybolt

I think it's fine for location work.  Small footprint, lighter than the 15" and mine is quite fast even though it's not maxed out.

Cheers,

Brian

Erland

no dGPU in 13.*"... modern converters do use GPU more and more (ACR/LR, C1, etc)... not that 15.*" has anything to write home about dGPU-wise, but still it can have it.

The Specs can never be the same, since all CPU's in the 15" is quadcore. And all in the 13" is dual core.
I have a late 13, 13" and I must say it is enough for my 12Mpix images, but as soon as I play with something like a a7r, i can tell it is actually struggling a bit. YMMV of course, depending on what you are expecting. However, that is the only time I feel it is a bit underpowered. I got the base i5, with 128 ssd and 8 Gig of ram.
Service Technician Digital Printers and Peripherals.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400.
Pages: [1]   Go Up