Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma MC-11 adapter gives full range of AF modes on A7RII  (Read 3171 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Sigma MC-11 adapter gives full range of AF modes on A7RII
« on: March 07, 2016, 02:15:46 pm »

Go here for more info and at less than £200 as well as being fully updatable via a mini USB socket - very interesting!

Dave

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
Re: Sigma MC-11 adapter gives full range of AF modes on A7RII
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 02:48:05 pm »

Hi Dave,

I saw this, really interested device, but I think it only works with Sigma lenses... But my main worry it is that I don't see a tripod foot for it...

But it is interesting offer with respect the metabones one.

Regards

David

http://dgpfotografia.com

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »

..I think it only works with Sigma lenses...

Hi Dave,

I thought when saw they were talking about Canon fit Sigma lenses, it might also include Canon lenses as well, but perhaps not, or at least not yet.

Dave

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:51:31 am »

I suppose we have to wait someone gets his hands on it to check it out... But that it is what I understood from comments from sigma people showing it in DP+

http://dgpfotografia.com

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:16:31 am »

I sent Sigma an email asking if this adapter would be compatible with Canon lenses and got this reply;

"At the present time the MC-11 will function correctly with Sigma “Global Vision” lenses as these are the only lenses listed in the MC-11’s lens library. Your lens is not a “Global Vision” lens and not included in the MC-11 lens library. Here is a link to the MC-11 on our website  http://www.sigmaphoto.com/mount-converter-mc-11?link=Feb-M-MountConverter  please watch the video, it is very informative and well done and should hopefully answer any questions you may have."

I'd already seen the video but neither it, nor the reply, tells me 100% whether Canon lenses may get some functionality.  I'd be mainly interested in using it on TSE lenses so I'd only need EXIF and aperture control (although lack of a tripod attachment could be a show stopper).  Rishi on DPReview posted a video using it at CP+ with a Sigma lens and in the comments below mentioned that he put a Canon lens on it and it did function (with all AF options) but only CDAF.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/8547380272/cp-2016-sigma-mc-11-adapter-allows-dslr-lenses-full-range-of-af-modes-on-sony-bodies

I'd pre-ordered one but decided to cancel and let others be guinea pigs ...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:36:20 am by mcbroomf »

SangRaal

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 02:31:21 am »

The Sigma MC - 11 has finally shipped to "some" of the pre-orderers as of late this afternoon April 21 and should be in their hands sometime tomorrow for some actual comparisons this coming weekend. Will it be better than a Photodiox or Metabones iv or just SOS. So when will the Tech Art M mount auto-focus adapters finally ship?

AlterEgo

SangRaal

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 11:41:27 am »

That DP-review thread is more B S just guys speculating(mental masturbation) from what they saw in a pre- production sample video or claim to know from letters they allegedly wrote to Sigma. Currently I am sitting in the Dauphin County Pa. Court House Jury Room as "emergency custody master" conducting custody conferences. This afternoon I change hats and act as Children and Youth Services Master and hear a litany of pro forma hearings declaring young people who have committed a series of horrific acts "wards of the court" thankfully they have all been "placed" by the Juvenile Court Judge in correctional institutions, mental health facilities, and boot camps. According to my legal intern my B&H package containing the MC-11 is on the floor in my office. so I won't be handling or testing it this afternoon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up