Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Custom built 2x3 Technical Camera  (Read 754 times)

DirkFletcher

FS: Custom built 2x3 Technical Camera
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »

Over the last year or so I started this project and now that its done I'm going to sell it off. I wanted a decent small view camera to use with a digital back and I certainly afford the amazing Apla! This camera began life as a 2x3 Century Graphic that was shortened and condensed just about everywhere that I could while maintaining maximum usability. The camera does not have a rotating back so an Arca Swiss L bracket is used to quickly flip the camera for verticals. I was going to offset the bed to get the most vertical rise possible but it would have needed a custom bag bellows and the base would not be as rigid as it is. Its quite a solid shooter, will be fantastic with both film and digital. The top has a torpedo level for horizontal shots and a bubble level is on the right side of the body for vertical shots.

The camera comes with everything pictured, the camera body with a 2x3 Graflok back with ground glass and focusing hood, a Copal 0 lens board, a second ground glass back that was going to be modified to take the PhaseOne back as well as a Horseman 6x9 roll film back. The Horseman back however, is not in fantastic condition, the advance lever has the end cut off (I didn't do it) and the Lock/Open knob on the side of the back is missing, it still works just not as easy to pop open. The film back is light tight and spacing perfectly though, I'm including as I had planned to shoot black and white with a 47mm lens and just never did, hope the next owner will get some use out of it.

I'm asking $389.00 plus $20.00 for Priority Shipping in the US only. If you would like to ship worldwide please email and we'll figure out a price. Local inspection in the Chicago loop is fine, just shoot me an email.

here are some rough stats:
minimum bellows 1.25 inches / 32 mm
maximum bellows 4.5 inches / 115 mm
rise .43 inches / 11mm
fall .31 inches / 8mm
lens board tilt (towards the rear only) .67 inches / 17mm
front board shift + - .31 inches / 8mm

thanks for looking, Dirk

DirkFletcher

Re: FS: Custom built 2x3 Technical Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 04:03:12 pm »

Reduced to $349.00