Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge>Image Processor + Action quit working  (Read 1006 times)

FrankG

Bridge>Image Processor + Action quit working
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »

I use Bridge with Ps (cs6).
One of the tasks I very regularly perform from Bridge is to batch create Jpegs from raw files.
To do this I highlight the files & go to Tools>Ps>Image Processor - or more often to > Image Processor Pro (A Russel Brown script with added features).

Both Image Processor and Image processor Pro allow you to run an action after re-sizing as per their dialog boxes. Just check the run action box and choose which action.
This running of an action, any action,  from within Image processor (or Pro) no longer works.

Now I get an error message:
"sorry, I could not process the following file..." (screen shot attached).
And refers me to a log which I cannot discern.

The actions themselves are good & I can run those actions from within Bridge >Tools> Ps> Batch
And, I can also run the actions if the file/s is already open in Ps.
But not as part of Image Processor (or Pro).

I did have some strange behavior last week and cleaned out all Bridge & Ps preferences. I reset them to defaults, then added History states to 60.

Which other prefs may need to be changed to get this operation working smoothly again? I'm missing something ?

I also ran Russel Browns Just Fix It.jsx script which renews the Pro prefs etc. without success.

Can anyone help me isolate the problem or setting?

thanks

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Bridge>Image Processor + Action quit working
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

What do you mean when you say you can't "discern" the log file?

FrankG

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »

'Interpret' may be a better choice of words. I don't know what to make of it. Or what to do with it.
Here it is (attached).
I also omitted to say that the Image Processor (or Pro)  work fine without the action.
So both Image Processor and the actions work fine on their own but not combined in the dialog box
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:47:26 pm by FrankG »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 03:38:58 am »

Look down the bottom of the log and you'll see a couple of "This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop", also "The object “document 77” is not currently available", and a couple of references to a file "_1180437_01.jpg".

Does this give you any clues?

FrankG

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 08:35:39 am »

Nope. No clues. Still in the dark.

When I had strange behavior issues, one of the things I did was to run a utility app called'cocktail'. It cleared cached, repaired permissions and a few other tasks. No idea of its relevance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up