Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H6D  (Read 34813 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Re: Hasselblad H6D
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2016, 09:07:34 am »

Doug,

Glad to hear you are doing well.

We are seeing existing users bleeding away right on this forum. Many of us have an aging back or second-hand MF digital somewhere in the bunch of 10 systems we each own, but it is less and less being viewed as *the* primary kit.

I'd say that for every new shooter who thinks of using MF, there are two older shooters who notice they haven't charged the batteries on their Phamiya for a year. At equipment renewal time, the contrast between the small light $3K A7R2 @ 40MP and the heavyweight $30K XF IQ 250C @ 50MP is stark, whatever the upgrade deal you offer.

Now if you want to tell us that you have *not* being selling systems right and left to museums and institutions and this reflects positively on your bottom line ... :)

Edmund

Please cite some form of numbers or non anecdotal evidence for this. It's said here often but the only actual evidence in aware of points to a different story.

if you look at Team Phase One revenue - which is public record - it is up year over year since the Great Recession 8 years ago. Nearly every day we hear from someone that is a small format shooter looking to get into medium format for the first time (in addition to those who are upgrading an existing medium format solution).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:09:57 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Bo Dez

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 09:50:59 am »

Please cite some form of numbers or non anecdotal evidence for this. It's said here often but the only actual evidence in aware of points to a different story.

If you look at Team Phase One revenue - which is public record - it is up year over year since the Great Recession 8 years ago. Nearly every day we hear from someone that is a small format shooter looking to get into medium format for the first time (in addition to those who are upgrading an existing medium format solution).

I'll grant you my point of view will have an inherent bias; I'm more likely to speak to someone moving from small format to medium format than vice versa, but the public sales numbers would seem an objectively fair place to look.

Doug, FWIW I am a medium format proponent.

Much of my industry (fashion)  is downing medium format for the Nikon D810 and more recently 5DS R. I mean people at the very top like Peter Lindeberg, Craig McDean, Glen Luchford, Steven Meisel, to shoot the most lucrative and relatively significant mega brand campaigns such as Gucci, who have always traditionally needed and demanded max IQ. These people are a barometer of the industry and have a further influential effect over the industry.

If you want non anecdotal evidence, go look at something like Interview magazine and read the metadata of images, where it is plain to see that instances of medium format, or anything over, or younger, than a P65 are very rare.

I am not wishing doom on anyone, but I can not personally see how Medium Format Digital can last without some serious innovation/evolution/revolution something of substance beyond marketing and numbers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:57:52 am by Bo Dez »

jduncan

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 09:54:35 am »

I think the really interesting time starts ones Sony brings out their 70-80 MP sensor for 35mm which will probably be in the next d800 and Sony a8 or so.

Christopher Hauser
ch@chauser.eu

I hope the next step will be  bellow 60mp. Going higher could compromise the noise levels and dynamic range, unless we have a very significant technological leap.

Best regards,
english is not my first language, an I k

jduncan

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:53 am »

Looking forward to flash sync at 1/2000s ; )

I will be surprised if they achieve that (new lenses required, posible with high power electronics).
An alternative will be to have  native ISO  25.

Best regards,
english is not my first language, an I k

Theodoros

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2016, 10:13:15 am »

I guess this was my point. Not a good time to rush into buying anything when things are so interesting. There are more and more downing their Medium Format kits for the D810 at the very top level of the industry and a 70-80MP model would put, I think, a nail in the coffin.

70-80mp in a FF sensor ehhh...? Definitely last thing I need or any other photographer ever needed...

JV

« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »

If you look at Team Phase One revenue - which is public record - it is up year over year since the Great Recession 8 years ago.

Any link that you could share with us? 

NickT

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2016, 06:06:34 pm »

I will be surprised if they achieve that (new lenses required, posible with high power electronics).
An alternative will be to have  native ISO  25.

Best regards,

You would need to upgrade the shutter (not the whole lens) to get the faster speeds.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2016, 06:51:31 pm »

Any link that you could share with us?

Proff.dk
I suggest using Google Chrome which will auto-translate from the Danish

JV

« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2016, 07:29:14 pm »

Proff.dk
I suggest using Google Chrome which will auto-translate from the Danish

Thanks Doug!

danielduarte

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2016, 07:58:47 am »

An H6D with video.... Really? That's bending to consumerism.

Jager

• E vestigio
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:25 am »

An H6D with video.... Really? That's bending to consumerism.

Really?  Seems to me more and more client briefs are looking for video to go with stills.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up