Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunrise at the Corral Gate  (Read 865 times)

Jens Peermann

Sunrise at the Corral Gate
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:17:59 am »

It's kind of a weird setup. A hot springs area with a corral fence and gate, including street lamps that don't belong, but someone put them there anyway. It allows an interesting composition, though. I have two leading lines in here. One goes from the wheel in the foreground through the street lamp on the right and points toward the distant tree. The other starts at that same lamp, follows the fence and gate to the lamp on the left and points at the rising sun.

I took the same shot two days earlier with a solid snow cover. Unfortunately there also was a solid overcast, so instead of a sunrise I got only shades of blue. Which is nice and moody, but I prefer this shot with the sunrise and pink clouds in the sky, even though the snow is mostly gone here.

A7, Loxia 35/2 @ f/11

sierraman

Re: Sunrise at the Corral Gate
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:31:27 pm »

Very nice. I really like this image as it seems you can feel the cold morning air. One thing I might try is to get some of the blue out of the snow on the ground but it really doesn't take anything away from the image for me.  :)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:47:26 am »

I like the light, colours, and mood/cold feel. But somehow, I think there are too many elements "in the way" of the view, in the foreground.

thierrylegros396

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:45:52 am »

I like the light, colours, and mood/cold feel. But somehow, I think there are too many elements "in the way" of the view, in the foreground.

+1

Thierry

stamper

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 05:02:48 am »

Agreed, too busy but the processing is fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up