Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji MF rumors getting stronger. Photokina announcement mooted  (Read 7815 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Fuji MF rumors getting stronger. Photokina announcement mooted
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2016, 06:12:16 pm »

Good point on the 35mm DSLR space as it's rather full.  It makes perfect sense to jump right to the 50MP Sony chip and create a mirrorless EVF solution.

With C1 I find I cannot get the fine details out of the files without excessive sharpening. And LR seems just the opposite as pushing details brings out massive over edge sharpening and the painterly look. Especially on landscape shots with lots of trees and leaves. On portrait and buildings I don't have as much as issue.

Paul C
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:35:30 pm by Paul2660 »
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Miyata610

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 11:57:22 pm »

Launching a new body with a new lens mount and a very incomplete lens line-up (1-3 lenses) has almost become the new trend... and companies even seem to get away with it as well...

The 35mm market is too competitive, I don't believe Fuji would stand a chance...

C1 does a fairly decent job nowadays IMHO, not as good as Iridient but still very good.  Not sure why LR can't get it right...

I'd be content with 50/80/150.

Aperture handles xtrans well enough. At least for the miniature sensors, not sure how any of them would do with a full frame 100MP from a good lens. Hopefully we shall get to find out.

cyron123

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 03:34:58 am »

What is the reason for xtrans? With my info because of moire and no low pass filter...

Do you have a lot of moire on the existing 50mpix sensor from Sony with bayer pattern?. I think not.

After this there is no reason for xtrans color filter pattern on a Sony 50 mpix.

You need xtrans for low mpix sensors e.g. 16mpix because of the size. This is the reason why there is no problem with d810 or Sony a7rii without low pass filter.

The same with higher digital back pattern.

Ken R

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 05:11:03 am »

What is the reason for xtrans? With my info because of moire and no low pass filter...

Do you have a lot of moire on the existing 50mpix sensor from Sony with bayer pattern?. I think not.

After this there is no reason for xtrans color filter pattern on a Sony 50 mpix.

You need xtrans for low mpix sensors e.g. 16mpix because of the size. This is the reason why there is no problem with d810 or Sony a7rii without low pass filter.

The same with higher digital back pattern.

Xtrans is mostly for marketing purposes IMHO.

Th nw MF Fuji camera will most likely not be xtrans.

Fuji is arguably the best at designing and making lenses, fast, so I do not see it as too much of an issue for them to develop 3-4 primes for the new system. They probably have a few ready to go already. The MF customer is different and generally does not demand as large a range of focal lengths as the user of smaller formats.

I agree that the 35mm is too crowded and close to their APS-C system for them to develop a 35mm full frame system. That is why they went with the larger chip.

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 05:37:52 am »

Fuji has made plenty of rangefinder 6x7 and 6x9 lenses in the past (which were also very compact), this will be nothing new to them.

I guess a good starting range, considering the crop of the 50MP Sony sensor, would be 45mm f2.8, 65mm f2 and 110mm f2.8 (equivalent to 35, 50 and 85).
The big question would be: lens or focal plane shutter? The first would make the system quite interesting for studio work.
Instagram (updated often)

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 06:20:07 am »

I would like, personally, a RF style camera with fixed lens, very simple, either Manual Focus (with help) or contrast AF if compact enough. A 40mm f5.6, a 80mm f2.8 would be good for a start (with 30x45mm sensor).
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 06:31:31 am »

A MF X100-style camera would be nice

FelixWu

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 06:36:57 am »

why suddently all the sensors are from sony? where are the competitions?

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 07:36:57 am »

Sony is the only one making those large sensors at a reasonable price. If you look at the market you can even find 59x59mm sensors, but resolution and price are not up to spec as those are very niche products for industrial applications. Right now you either design your own sensors and have them made in quantities large enough to recoup costs, or you buy from Sony.
Instagram (updated often)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 09:22:15 am »

Sony is the only one making those large sensors at a reasonable price. If you look at the market you can even find 59x59mm sensors, but resolution and price are not up to spec as those are very niche products for industrial applications. Right now you either design your own sensors and have them made in quantities large enough to recoup costs, or you buy from Sony.

Not only that, but as Sony is gaining market share, peripherals, code etc are all getting standardized. It's becoming camera-in-a-kit.

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 09:38:18 am »

Hi,

Could be or not. Anyway, it is clearly the way that the Sony sensor does most of the stuff. It is a bit like using Fuji or Kodak film.

Sony delivers the image and the camera maker delivers a mechanical package. Optics and sensor decide image quality, just as in film times.

But, we no longer have Kodak and Fuji got a different spelling: SONY…

Best regards
Erik

Not only that, but as Sony is gaining market share, peripherals, code etc are all getting standardized. It's becoming camera-in-a-kit.

Edmund
Erik Kaffehr

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 10:04:03 am »

Young Canon manager Ikyu to his boss: "Maeda-san, maybe we should use Sony sensors, they are really good". The boss: "Ikyu you know you should not use americanised 4-letter words. Go and wash your mouth with soap straightaways"!

:P

Edmund

Hi,

Could be or not. Anyway, it is clearly the way that the Sony sensor does most of the stuff. It is a bit like using Fuji or Kodak film.

Sony delivers the image and the camera maker delivers a mechanical package. Optics and sensor decide image quality, just as in film times.

But, we no longer have Kodak and Fuji got a different spelling: SONY…

Best regards
Erik
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up