Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to Easy Wrap stretcher bars  (Read 2157 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Alternative to Easy Wrap stretcher bars
« on: February 27, 2016, 09:38:10 am »

I love the Easy Wrap stretcher kits sold by Breathing Color but they are out of a size I need. Does anyone else make a similar thing for making canvas wraps?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: Alternative to Easy Wrap stretcher bars
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 11:43:27 am »

Try, itsupplies.com

https://www.itsupplies.com/StretchIT-Canvas-Gallerie-Wrap-Solutions

Same canvas gallery wrap system licensed for distribution by different vendors....

Ken

mstevensphoto

• Denver Commercial Photographer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 01:39:02 pm »

like ken said, it supplies. the two sources work seamlessly together. I rarely buy from BC any more because it supplies ships faster and free.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:10 am »

you can also order them from Liberty Photo, that’s where we purchase ours.

Sunshine7

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:15:34 pm »

Slightly off topic, but I noticed that the Breathing Color 1.75" Easy wrappe pro bars i receive lately are slightly different from what I received half a year or so ago. The sizes are slightly different (the previous bars were up to 5/32" shorter than the 'listed' length, the current ones are the exact same size as the listed size, ie 24" is 24 inch, not a 23 7/8") which means my carefully setup canvas prints need to be resized to fit the new bars. I only noticed this after stretching a 36"x48" canvas that suddenly did not fit.

The metal things that come with it have a different color (which supports my idea that they have a different manufacturer than before), and several of the late batches I recieved have the wood broken where the cuts are to insert the easywrappe plastic forms to put them togehter. Not sure how to word this.

I contacted Breathing Color about it but no reply except we're sorry you are having a difficult time with the bars.

Are the IT supply bars from the same supplier as the current BC easywrappe bars?

shadowblade

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 01:54:14 am »

Take a look at Wunderbars. They're spring-loaded, self-stretching bars which are very easy to use (since they stretch themselves) and result in a print that won't sag with changing humidity, since the spring-loaded bars will change size to keep the canvas taut.

They'll even do custom lengths and sizes - these are only available in the UK, but, if you know someone there, just get them shipped to their place and have them forward them to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up