Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap UK High Street Printing  (Read 1132 times)

pflower

Cheap UK High Street Printing
« on: February 26, 2016, 09:07:25 am »

I am trying to put together a final edit of a project that starts with over 2,000 images.  I can probably edit that down to 750 or so on the computer (divided into 10 or 12 discrete "chapters").  But I want to do a paper assembly/mockup.  So what I would like to do is get the edited down selection printed as 6x4 snapshots.  I can't face doing this myself on an Epson 3880 even on proofing paper.  Quality is clearly not of primary concern since these will simply be reference images. 

Can anyone suggest a decent and low priced UK place to get this done?  With jpegs at 1500x1000 pixels, dividing this into 10 or so discrete chunks of 75 each would work out at about 600MB per chunk.  So possibly the online services could work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Costas

Re: Cheap UK High Street Printing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:14:50 am »

Photobox will do you 1500 6"x4" prints for 5 pence each - see link
https://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/prints/standard-prints

Also when you register with them, you have the option to specify they do not mess with your images before they print them

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:42:05 am »

I've had good results from Photo Box and delivery is fast too. If you choose to use them drop me a PM with your email address and I'll use their 'recommend a friend' offer and you'll get 30 free prints.

Tesco aren't too bad either, but the cheap rates only come with bulk and waiting for the prints.

stcstc31

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:00:41 am »

DS Colour labs is another option

http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/about/Print_Prices
Stephen Crozier

www.360-dpi.com

hugowolf

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 11:27:25 am »

With a rotary paper trimmer, is really isn't much work, and the quality would be better. It wouldn't be cheap, but less than 50 sheets of A2.

pflower

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:48:29 pm »

I've had good results from Photo Box and delivery is fast too. If you choose to use them drop me a PM with your email address and I'll use their 'recommend a friend' offer and you'll get 30 free prints.

Tesco aren't too bad either, but the cheap rates only come with bulk and waiting for the prints.

Thanks

Will do so if I use them.  I just hadn't anticipated the problem of editing 6,500 images down to a manageable number and then into manageable chapters.  So it won't be in the next few days or probably weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up