Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adapters to use Nikon shift lenses on A7RII?  (Read 2098 times)

RobSuch

Adapters to use Nikon shift lenses on A7RII?
« on: February 26, 2016, 12:59:36 am »

Hi,

Does anyone know any adapters that enable Nikon shift lenses to be used on the A7RII?

Thanks.

Telecaster

Re: Adapters to use Nikon shift lenses on A7RII?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 03:23:49 pm »

The basic Novoflex F-to-FE adapter lets me use my Nikkor 28/3.5 shift lens.

-Dave-

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:36:16 pm »

Hi,

Does anyone know any adapters that enable Nikon shift lenses to be used on the A7RII?

There's a problem with some T/S lenses. No current adapter shipping in large quantities and not effectively in beta can control the aperture of Nikon E-diaphragm lenses.

Jim

Eric Brody

• http://www.ericbrodyphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 01:33:32 am »

Unfortunately, any lens with an electronic diaphragm, (and that is all the "PC-E" Nikon tilt shift lenses) does not work regardless of the adapter. When I got my Fuji X T-1 and Nikon adapter I had great anticipation of getting some further use from these incredibly expensive lenses but it was not to be. The only solution I've come up with is to mount the lens on the Nikon, turn the camera on, set the aperture, and without turning the camera off, remove the lens. The Nikon lens will retain that aperture and can be mounted with the adapter. I've done this and set the aperture to either f/5.6 or f/8. It's quite a frustrating "solution." I suspect no one has yet made an electronic adapter because the potential market is too small. The older pre-PC-E lenses should work as should the off brands such as the 24mm Rokinon, which appears to have a totally mechanical diaphragm, but costs $800 @ B&H.

RomanN.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 11:14:33 am »

You will need Nikon-G adapter ( with manual aperture contron on tte adapter) for G-Lenses as the new PC-E.
But you can also buy the cheaper older 85 mm PC that have aperture control on the lens. This lens performes in the same way as the newest 85 mm.

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 01:25:42 pm »

There are 3 types of Nikon shift lenses:

1. Current PC-E 24mm, 45mm, 85mm - tilt-shift, nano coating, electronically-actuated aperture

This Commlite smart adapter (Nikon Rumors) that's coming on the market should work in theory, but I've seen no confirmation from actual users. 

Apparently there's another smart adapter in development by Steel Chen, not sure what the timeframe is for availability: Sony Alpha Rumors

2. Previous generation 85mm PC (tilt-shift)
3. Older PC 28mm, 35mm (shift only, 2 versions)

Dumb adapters will work fine with these two types, as the aperture is mechanically-actuated with the ring at the front of the lens.  There's no need for aperture connection from the camera/adapter
Pages: [1]   Go Up