Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle Photo Rag  (Read 2943 times)

Palmerwork

Hahnemuhle Photo Rag
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:05:15 pm »

I am at the beginning of a printing project. I am using an Epson 4000 with the Harrison quad rip to print 4 B&W images in an edition of 40-60,  I proofed on a few different sheets and decided with my client that the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 was the paper to go with.  It turned out that my paper source is selling out their supply of Hahnemuhle papers and not restocking.  A number of batches of the paper have shown yellowing after two or three weeks.  I have not seen the yellowing so can't give you a better description.  Has anyone else heard of or seen this problem.  I am looking at the Innova Smooth Cotton as a replacement.

paperman

• http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk
Hahnemuhle Photo Rag
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:41 pm »

I am at the beginning of a printing project. I am using an Epson 4000 with the Harrison quad rip to print 4 B&W images in an edition of 40-60,  I proofed on a few different sheets and decided with my client that the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 was the paper to go with.  It turned out that my paper source is selling out their supply of Hahnemuhle papers and not restocking.  A number of batches of the paper have shown yellowing after two or three weeks.  I have not seen the yellowing so can't give you a better description.  Has anyone else heard of or seen this problem.  I am looking at the Innova Smooth Cotton as a replacement.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64941\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We sell boatloads of Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308gsm and yellowing round the edges of the sheets may have been an issue some 3 or 4 years back when they were using brown boxes, but now with the gloss laminated boxes and the contents in polythene bags it is all locked away in a good environment until you come to use it. Even in the old boxes it seemed to be an issue if the paper had been stored in a damp environment. Incidentally the Innova product is very good but don't give up too easlily on HPR which in many ways is the yardstick by which many other papers are judged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up