Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asana  (Read 1733 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Asana
« on: February 23, 2016, 06:32:47 pm »

I think she did extremely well to keep still with her eyes open for 20 seconds all things considered.  I'm looking for opinions on how this turned out? Do you like it? I feel like something is missing still... maybe it's just because she's not perfectly sharp.  Maybe I vignetted this too hard to draw the focus to her?  I feel close, but I'm not sure where to go. Opinions?
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Asana
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:06:03 pm »

I do not care much about sharp/unsharp issues, nor vignetting, etc. That is all more or less ok. What I find distracting, however, is her posed smile, that make her look more like an American TV anchor than engaged in a deeply meditating moment (for which closed eyes might be more appropriate, actually). Other than that, the rest is quite impressive.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:55:38 am »

Great landscape and location.

francois

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 08:49:00 am »

I like it and don't see any issue regarding vignetting or sharpness.
I'm sorry to say that, but I feel a bit uncomfortable about the lady in the frame... actually not her personally but the whole image makes make think that it's an ad for a yoga/spa resort somewhere in British Columbia.

Now, this is just my opinion nothing more, worth less than 1/2 cent.    8)
Francois

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »

I do not care much about sharp/unsharp issues, nor vignetting, etc. That is all more or less ok. What I find distracting, however, is her posed smile, that make her look more like an American TV anchor than engaged in a deeply meditating moment (for which closed eyes might be more appropriate, actually). Other than that, the rest is quite impressive.

Agreed
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

sarrasani

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 08:06:39 am »

I think she did extremely well to keep still with her eyes open for 20 seconds all things considered.  I'm looking for opinions on how this turned out? Do you like it? I feel like something is missing still... maybe it's just because she's not perfectly sharp.  Maybe I vignetted this too hard to draw the focus to her?  I feel close, but I'm not sure where to go. Opinions?

In my opinion sharpness and chromatism are "only" very good, but I find the image equally very strong and I like it much.
Because the idea of meditation-and-nature, the superb rendition in the scene composition.....
All the best,
Sandro
Film cameras (13X18, 2,4X3,6), digital-foveon and digital-mosaic cameras.
Only manual focus lenses.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 08:24:59 am »

This is the kind of image promoted by sites like TandemStock et al if done well....although this is a little more moody than typical there. I think the shadows again in this one are "pulled up" to much around the figure and it looks artificial.  As well, I would have shot this with the woman's head rising a little more above the mountain range edge behind her...and maybe shoot from location a little closer...so viewer is more connected with figure and a little less with the ominous landscape surrounding.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:32:16 am by brandtb »
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 01:58:17 pm »

I like it. The mix of blurred water and clouds with the relatively sharp woman works IMO. Her facial expression seems a little canned and I agree if you are showing meditation then maybe that part doesn't fit.
That aside I like the image and like to try and make images somewhat like this myself sometimes.
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up