Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PixelGenius plugins failing to run; support link on site give 403 error  (Read 1625 times)

tvalleau

Hello

Rather than begin by posting the support issue here, can someone direct me to an email account for support from PixelGenius?  I've tried the site of course, but clicking on the submit button for the support form simply yields a 403, forbidden access error.

Thank you.

tvalleau

Re: PixelGenius plugins failing to run; support link on site give 403 error
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 10:42:42 pm »

Found the email address.  Just in case anyone is interested, here is the issue:

I have a link to a screen movie  showing the problem, below.

I corresponded with someone at Pixel Genius about a year or so ago, when -all three- of the packages quit working for me. At the time, support gave up. I pressed on however, and today I made a screen recording of what happens in about 1/3 of a second when launching the software. This happens in both PS CC 2015 and in a fresh install of PS CS6 which I did today.

Something that resides in the system, or in Adobe's files, is preventing the software from working. This example has been made with 1) a completely new user and 2) a completely fresh install of Photoshop CS6, as well as a  fresh install of  Photo Kit Sharpener,  (PKS).

Here's what I see when stepping thru the screen movie frame by frame:

open an image, and invoke PKS.

a window named Photokit Preview zooms open from the center of the screen. Based on 30 FPS, this takes 5 frames, or 1/6 of a second.
It then disappears, and is replaced with a tiny window, about 100 x 120, filled with black, and also named PhotoKit Preview. This window remains in place while
behind the small black window, the full PKS dialog opens ( I never saw this before taking the screen movie today, but that's because...) it lasts only 1/10 of a second, and then it, and the black window both disappear. (Without using screen recording, this just looked to my eyes like "a flash" and the black window disappearing. Also, the PKS window appears -behind- the image, so I never saw it for that reason as well. This time I repeated the filmed launch, and moved the image out of the way.)

So: there's a detailed description of an event that takes 2/3 of a second to happen in full.

Again, this is with
1) a new user
2) a new install of Photoshop CS6
3) a new install PKS.

I've posted the movie here: http://transfer.pronet.link/transfers/screenmovie.mp4

the event starts at 9:19 (9 seconds and 19 frames in), and ends at 10:02 (10 seconds and 2 frames. I suggest stepping thru that period, one frame at a time.)

I'm running 10.11.3, although this happened back in Yosemite too.

I suspect that the window position recorded in the user system database cache is corrupt, but I have no idea where that might be (well: probably hidden in /private/var/folders/, I’d guess, or somewhere similar) much less how to delete it and start anew.

I'd very much like to try to resolve this, as I've been without Pixel Genius' excellent software for over a year now, not to mention being out the $250 I spent on it.

(The Photokits are up to date, and were downloaded yesterday. As a retired programmer, I've done everything I can think of, culminating in what simply ought to work, regardless: new user, new PS install; new PK install. But nothing changes.)

Suggestions and/or sage council is welcomed.

Thank you.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:52:52 am »

Rather than begin by posting the support issue here, can someone direct me to an email account for support from PixelGenius?  I've tried the site of course, but clicking on the submit button for the support form simply yields a 403, forbidden access error.

Works fine for me!
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

howardm

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:08:32 am »

Ditto.  Check any firewall or net-nanny software you have preventing access.

tvalleau

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:53:50 pm »

Thanks, gents, but I've now tried it with three different browsers, and two different computers, and while the contact page works, filling in the forms and hitting submit gets me the same 403 error. I've been able to submit the form if I have only 6 words in the content area, but trying to explain the problem as above, and even deleting out the URL, causes the php error.

It seems that while the form may work, there's something in the text of the explanation that causes it to crash, or there's some text size limitation.

In short: I can't get there from here.  I'll try submitting a request that tech support contact me by email.

----

Rodney: I ran across a posting of yours with a revisionD error you encountered. If you didn't resolve it, I have the solution. Visit your posting or reply here, and I'll get you going.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 06:56:51 pm »

Thanks, gents, but I've now tried it with three different browsers, and two different computers, and while the contact page works, filling in the forms and hitting submit gets me the same 403 error. I've been able to submit the form if I have only 6 words in the content area, but trying to explain the problem as above, and even deleting out the URL, causes the php error.

It seems that while the form may work, there's something in the text of the explanation that causes it to crash, or there's some text size limitation.

In short: I can't get there from here.  I'll try submitting a request that tech support contact me by email.

----

Rodney: I ran across a posting of yours with a revisionD error you encountered. If you didn't resolve it, I have the solution. Visit your posting or reply here, and I'll get you going.
EVERYTHING is working fine on this end. I don't know what your problem is. The tech support site works exactly as it should.

From the PG page:
Note: PixelGenius does not offer live phone support. Please contact Tech Support via the e-mail form above. We normally respond within 24 hours, Monday-Friday. Important: When you send e-mail to Tech Support, please make sure that you allow return e-mails from pixelgenius.com in any anti-spam software you use. Tech Support cannot respond to spam blocker
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tvalleau

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 12:27:59 am »

Thank you again, Andrew. I   have no doubt that it's working fine for you. After 38 years of programming, I also have no doubt about what I'm seeing, nor how my machines and internet setup is working. Perhaps some non-ASCII worked its way into the text. As I said, if I pulled out that text and inserted something else, it worked fine for me too.

I'm not arguing here; merely pointing out what I saw.

I hereby officiallly withdraw my complaint about the site. It was a fluke; a phase of the moon. Disregard.

It was not my intent to stir things up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up