Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9880 no longer recognized via USB Windows 7-Help!  (Read 528 times)

Shawn

9880 no longer recognized via USB Windows 7-Help!
« on: February 23, 2016, 12:00:13 pm »

Hi All,

Have not had so good a week . My main PC went down and after getting a replacement system in place, PC running Windows 7, I cannot get my Epson 9880 to be recognized via USB. The printer itself works fine, I can run test prints from the control panel but no communication with PC. No errors on the panel are shown.

So far here's what I have done..will try to cover all.

Rebooted system and printer, tried new usb cable, tried another USB port, uninstalled and removed all print drivers, reinstalled rebooted, nothing still. Tried another printer on the USB, Epson 1400, recognised it fine. When I have reinstalled Epson 9880 Driver with new update for Win7 64bit system says installed, (manually) and ready but test print shows error and no print. No printer driver/device shows up in Devince Manager after install of drivers.

Even tried an old XP machine with orignal driver from Epson Cd..Message "Device no Recognised, no driver installed for this or device malfunaton"

Been over a week now trying everything I know and have serached online..any ideas? Anyone had this before?..other printers where attached via USB when the main PC went down and they are all fine.

I'm going to try to, offline, disable Spybot, MalwareBytes, AVG Free and try to reintall drivers agian...recently install new version of each.

Would it be better to use the ethernet connection and try to set it up as a network printer via router.. if it recognized it then? Also there is a 15 pin blue port on the back of the printer that is not in the manual..it this a usable interface of perhaps a maintance access point?

If the problem is with the printer itself is there a part or solution or is it most likely a driver issue..?

Would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting tips or hints..The printer has run great since new and its  damn frustratring to have a printer sitting there waiting to print but cannot access it...work to be done is building up.

Lastly, it had a low maintence tank which I replaced and with so many restarts one ink is now low..flashing light not solid..could this be the issue. I have an ink on order.

Sorry for the rambling and all the questions but have hit a wall as for my abilities..have tried getting a tech guy in but will be a week.

Please anyone?

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

All the best,

Shawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up