Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilight Fire  (Read 784 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Twilight Fire
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »

Scouting this location the day before in rather poor weather we spent the day wandering through the rain-forest and about two hours before sunset headed to this spot on the coast I had seen in a few postcards. I felt like the post cards did a really poor job of representing the possibilities this beach had, so I took it upon myself to see if I could produce something better. Perhaps a photograph that is not in direct sunlight during the day.

After shooting a fantastic sunset (more pictures to come), I decided to move over to this iconic spot on the beach about 20 minutes away. Naturally I thought as the sun had set that most of my light would be gone, and maybe I'd get something interesting with Astro, or during twilight. As I approached the icon I noticed that one of the streams had pooled before it, and was perfectly still. I saw an opportunity as the light was fading to reflect the stone, and although you cannot see the beach or waves, I think it turned out fantastic. It's really just another example of getting phenomenal light when I've thought the best has passed.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

nma

Re: Twilight Fire
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:48:26 am »

This one is a keeper. Well done.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 04:00:04 am »

Excellent composition and colour.

Tony Jay

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 05:59:30 am »

Sumptuous!

Tony Jay

Jens Peermann

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 10:03:36 am »

Excellent composition and colour.

+1

I, too, have become aware of the fantastic light during the hour before sunrise and after sunset and intend to utilize that a lot more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up