Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Fiber black specks  (Read 869 times)

dkressler

Epson Exhibition Fiber black specks
« on: February 22, 2016, 04:15:43 pm »

Anyone else ever get a roll or box of EEF with a huge amount of specks? I usually get a sheet or two in a box that I end up using for test prints, but I just started a 22" roll that is loaded with specks. Under a loupe you can see they are in the coating. I'm struggling to get a print that doesn't have MULTIPLE specks on a 16x20.  I had a similar beef with Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta and ended up giving up on it and settling on EEF. It's definitely the paper - I see them as the new roll unfurls. Of course it my only roll and I'm on a crazy deadline. I tried to find a support option for pro paper on the Epson site and came up empty. Any contact name/number would be appreciated.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Epson Exhibition Fiber black specks
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:34:40 pm »

Anyone else ever get a roll or box of EEF with a huge amount of specks? I usually get a sheet or two in a box that I end up using for test prints, but I just started a 22" roll that is loaded with specks. Under a loupe you can see they are in the coating. I'm struggling to get a print that doesn't have MULTIPLE specks on a 16x20.  I had a similar beef with Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta and ended up giving up on it and settling on EEF. It's definitely the paper - I see them as the new roll unfurls. Of course it my only roll and I'm on a crazy deadline. I tried to find a support option for pro paper on the Epson site and came up empty. Any contact name/number would be appreciated.

I have used EEF a lot and have never seen a single speck. Of course this fact does not help you, and my paper was all bought at least a year ago. But you definitely need your money back or replacement paper. Where did you buy the paper? A good reseller will get new paper to you quickly and then deal with Epson themselves.

dkressler

Re: Epson Exhibition Fiber black specks
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:43:34 pm »

This roll was purchased from B&H last week. Unfortunately I am on such a deadline that I am having to push through the roll and try to come up with 10 prints with no or barely noticeable specks. I like to purchase locally as much as possible but my local dealer just didn't have it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up