Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved Prints Notations  (Read 1262 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Saved Prints Notations
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:39:02 am »

Frequently when I make a print using Lr (I more often use PS because I prefer the scaling feature for test printing) I will save the final adjusted print in the prints collection. However, there does not seem to be any place to make notations - such as the paper used, any final adjustments added or other comments. What do others do to work around this or am I missing a feature that would provide for this?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Redcrown

Re: Saved Prints Notations
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 01:13:25 pm »

Don't know Lightroom, but two ways I sometimes make "notes" about an image using Photoshop/Bridge.

One is with the "Note" tool inside Photoshop. That's hidden under the Eyedropper tool. Notes are seen in the Notes window, and an icon is added to the image to remind you there is a note. But the note does not display in any browser (Bridge). I sometimes use this to make notes about editing steps before flattening and saving an image.

Another is to add a description in the IPTC data block. The description can be added inside Photoshop via File/File Info. It can also be shown and edited in Bridge metadata. This is where I usually add printing notes. Example: "Costco print version, s-curve added".

Unfortunately, neither of these methods allow for searching or filtering images that have notes.

I frequently and extensively move my images around from folder to folder and to various backups. Notes embedded inside the image follow them wherever they go, unlike in a central database like Lightroom.

JeanMichel

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 01:39:23 pm »

The metadata of the print copy will show, in my case, the paper profile used,therefore which paper, and media setting. You could use the caption box to ad any information you want.
Jean-Michel

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 01:40:48 pm »

Use a combination of methods:
  • Save a snapshot including the paper type in its name
  • Soft proof copies automatically include the profile in their names
  • Enter notes in existing metadata fields - for example, instruction is rarely used
  • For longer notes, try my free Big Note

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »

It's no problem if you switch back to the Library module and Ps has plenty of places information can be left. I was hoping there might be a spot right in the Print module of Lr.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 05:47:05 pm »

I put it in as part of the "Saved Print" title: XXX-MOABEntradaRagNat (or MERN if you prefer acronyms)
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up