Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25% Discount on Silverfast Scanning Software  (Read 3783 times)

aderickson

25% Discount on Silverfast Scanning Software
« on: February 19, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »

For many years I have been using Silverfast 6.6 on my Epson V750 for my medium format work. Learning that software was quite painful and I have invested a fair amount of money in upgrades and targets. When version 8 came out I wasn't anxious to upgrade because I used it mainly for B&W and positive color transparencies and I was getting good results. Color negatives were a different story and I was particularly disappointed with Kodak Ektar. With the current discount I decided to upgrade to version 8.8 and I am happy to report that the NegaFix profiles for Ektar are very much improved. My only problem now is that I have to study Mark's book because they have "moved the cheese" and my Silverfast 6.6 expertise is now useless  :-[

The discount is good for the next 24 days.

Allan

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: 25% Discount on Silverfast Scanning Software
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »

Your 6.6 expertise is not useless. The version 8 GUI has improved remarkably and there are new and improved features relative to 6.6 but the fundamentals are similar, so your 6.6 experience remains valuable. You will probably find the book useful mainly for its walk-throughs on getting the best out of the various tools, and for guidance on integrated workflows between SilverFast and Adobe photo editing applications - what is best to do where. But with the experience you've accumulated you should find a fair amount in that book quite familiar if under a new and improved guise.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

AFairley

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 09:08:24 pm »

Having to purchase a separate license for each my different scanners at Silverfast's price is a deal killer for me.  I'm not that rich.

aderickson

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »

Having to purchase a separate license for each my different scanners at Silverfast's price is a deal killer for me.  I'm not that rich.

Yes, fortunately I'm very happy with the Nikon Scan software for my Coolscan V ED.

Allan

jwlimages

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:07:47 pm »

Yes, sadly the deal killer for me was when they dropped support for my Artixscan 120TF after version 6.
:-(
John

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »

Have any one tried this alternative. I used this when I did some scanning back in the 2004 to 2007 period. Its still current and supports almost all scanners. Updated very regular.

http://www.hamrick.com
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 03:50:30 pm »

Have any one tried this alternative. I used this when I did some scanning back in the 2004 to 2007 period. Its still current and supports almost all scanners. Updated very regular.

Hi Denis,

I still do use it. I paid for it once, a long time ago, and have been using it ever since for all of my scanners (a number of film scanners and flatbed scanners of various brands), on several computers and operating systems. Great value for money, and very good scan quality. If the scanner allows, VueScan offers a very deep level of control, including IR noise and dust removal and scanner lens focusing if that is available.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

SZRitter

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 09:28:52 am »

I just bought it a few months ago for a V600, very worth the money, and extremely happy. Takes a bit to get used to, but I'm happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up