Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Pro 9  (Read 1475 times)

IanSeward

C1 Pro 9
« on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:38 am »

Just evaluating C1 Pro 9.

How do you add an application to the list of applications displayed when you use the "open with" command, so as to avoid having to "browse" to the applications .exe file?

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: C1 Pro 9
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:38:40 pm »

Just evaluating C1 Pro 9.

How do you add an application to the list of applications displayed when you use the "open with" command, so as to avoid having to "browse" to the applications .exe file?
Click on the gear icon, create your desired output process recipe and select an application as the output in the Open With box.  That is sticky for that recipe until you change it.

IanSeward

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:14:35 am »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I am trying to use the "open with" command on the raw unprocessed file to send it to DXO for processing.  The recipe option looks like I can only send a processed file.  I am currently evaluating C1pro and trying to understand how to fully utilise C1 Pro having used LR since V1, there is a steep learning curve particularly with regard to C1 and external programs.

The "open with" command has 5 options (programs) in its drop down list and then a browse to .exe file option.  I am trying to add to the list of displayed applications.  I have hacked it by associating the .tiff association within Win 10 program defaults to open DXO and DXO now shows up in the "open with" file list.  I am looking for the "correct way" to add programs to the open with program list, if anyone can help?

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 04:35:23 am »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I am trying to use the "open with" command on the raw unprocessed file to send it to DXO for processing.  The recipe option looks like I can only send a processed file.  I am currently evaluating C1pro and trying to understand how to fully utilise C1 Pro having used LR since V1, there is a steep learning curve particularly with regard to C1 and external programs.

Hi Ian,

I understand, but why do you need to process your Raw file in DxO from C1? Wouldn't it be more logical to then start with DxO and let C1 pick up the TIFF output (which is then limited to an AdobeRGB gamut by DxO), or better yet make full use of the C1 Raw conversion capabilities?

The "open with" command has 5 options (programs) in its drop down list and then a browse to .exe file option.  I am trying to add to the list of displayed applications.  I have hacked it by associating the .tiff association within Win 10 program defaults to open DXO and DXO now shows up in the "open with" file list.  I am looking for the "correct way" to add programs to the open with program list, if anyone can help?

I do not know how the list gets populated, but mine lists 13 programs + a Browse... option. Maybe it just picks up the file associations from the operating system, because I also see VueScan in the list (and VueScan can read Raws and TIFFs), but I also see image editor applications listed that can only process JPEG an PNG files (and I've set my C1 preferences to also allow editing those in C1).

So your 'hack' may even be sticky if you change the default association of a file type to something else.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:16:35 am »

H Ian,

First of all I can't fathom why you want to open the RAW file from Capture One to DXO?

Secondly there is no Recipe option with 'Open With' it will simple open that nominated file (if possible) with your chosen app.

The list is populated with file associations as Bart observes.

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up