Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P9000 comercial edition  (Read 1178 times)

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
P9000 comercial edition
« on: February 17, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »

Anybody knows what is the deference between standard and commercial edition of Epson P9000 please?

shadowblade

Re: P9000 comercial edition
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »

Anybody knows what is the deference between standard and commercial edition of Epson P9000 please?

Purple ink instead of LLK, for increased gamut (99% of Pantone instead of 93% or something like that) at the possible expense of a bit of fine tonality in the highlights.

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:36:12 am »

Thanks but witch one is more suitable for us as a photographer?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 02:53:42 am »

standard by far.

The other one is to enhance the ability to proof and hit spot colors for cmyk press processes.  Here's epson's description

The Proofing Standard: Ideal for all commercial and flexographic proofing, the
SC-P7000/P9000 Commercial Edition printers include an all-new Violet ink for expanded color gamut targeting improved spot color matching accuracy.

The standard set with 3 blacks offer better tonal rendition and shadow detail  Most photographs use more LK and LLK than any other colors.  Lose one and you risk losing fine tonal gradations.

Dan Vincent

• Daniel Vincent Aviation Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »

I have a P7000 commercial edition. I do not use it for photography, that's what I use a 3880 for. I've printed photos on it as a test (as well as other large format works) and the output is still quite good. Where you will notice differences is in pure grayscale gradients and highlight roll-off in photographs. You will get more graininess and banding in those areas due to the lack of LLK. It's a subtle difference, but I can notice if it I run particular prints on both printers. Enhanced B&W mode will definitely take a big hit.

You will match more hues overall with a reduction in dynamic range, basically. Photographers should avoid the commercial editions unless they also plan on doing other wide format work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up