Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Premium Plus Photo Satin?  (Read 4489 times)

jlmwyo

HP Premium Plus Photo Satin?
« on: May 08, 2006, 03:16:21 am »

Does anyone know who the OEM is for this paper (assuming HP doesn't make it themselves) and also, has anyone tried printing on with NON HP printers?

I recently read an article about the DJ130 and this particular paper, and while I'm not all that enamored of the DJ130 the paper did sound interesting.
Images of Wyoming
 [url=http://www.pbase.

Booya

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:23:20 pm »

Does anyone know who the OEM is for this paper (assuming HP doesn't make it themselves) and also, has anyone tried printing on with NON HP printers?

I recently read an article about the DJ130 and this particular paper, and while I'm not all that enamored of the DJ130 the paper did sound interesting.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know about the answer to your question, but I think I saw the same article. American Photo's current issue? It was that article (and then a bunch of research)that convinced me to buy a DJ130. It arrives tomorrow, and I am so excited. I also ordered a bunch of the premium plus satin.

Gandalf

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 02:40:02 pm »

While I can't swear to it, I think Illford makes the paper, and it is similar to Illford Smooth Pearl. The 130 and the Premium Plus Photo Satin (also called "Premium Plus Photo Paper, soft gloss" in the smaller sizes) make a great combination.

jlmwyo

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 03:12:34 pm »

Jeah, same article.

Hrm, Smooth Pearl eh? I kind of doubt that, but maybe you are right.
Images of Wyoming
 [url=http://www.pbase.

pobrien3

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 12:55:00 am »

The HP PPP Satin is a gorgeous paper.  The feel in the hand is fabulous, and the test prints I've done with it on the DJ130 are great.  I tried some of the paper with my little Epson R800 and got reasonable results, but the paper is designed for a different ink technology.  If you buy the DJ130, make this your paper of choice. I wasn't as keen on the PPP Glossy, and definitely didn't like the HP matts.

jdk

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:28:37 am »

Hrm, Smooth Pearl eh? I kind of doubt that, but maybe you are right.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I know, the closest match among the Ilford papers is Classic Pearl, not the Smooth Pearl (which I believe is intended for pigment printers).

I have the DJ90 (the A2 version of the DJ130) and the combination of the Designjet and the HP PPP Satin is stunning.

You'll find endless discussions of this printer and paper over on the printing forum at [a href=\"http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1003]DP Review[/url]. I think the general consensus is that, while the Ilford Classic paper can get close if you do a custom profile, nothing can quite match the Designjet/HP PPP Satin combination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up