Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One to Photoshop saving variants  (Read 1307 times)

brandon

Capture One to Photoshop saving variants
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:02:35 am »

Id value advice on how to best accomplish this. Editing in CO to PS then in PS I may use for example luminance masking for the image and then external editor (eg Topaz detail or clarity) and from that produce a monochrome version (eg SilverEfex) as an added layer. With the monochrome layer deselected  "save as"  the colour image without layers a  copy tiff, then flatten the image (with monochrome on) and  on exiting PS  save that on the return trip to CO. The "saved" file (monochrome) is in CO catalogue but the "saved as" variant isnt although can be found in "Finder" (on Mac). Is there a simple way to have both (or more) variants come back into the catalogue (which BTW I have set up with the raw files maintained in their pre-existing location)? Trying to import the lost copy tiff from the import dialogue they cant be seen. (BTW I havent used global filters to hide processed tiffs).
Thanks in advance, Brandon

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Capture One to Photoshop saving variants
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:12:47 am »

Not sure if it addresses your exact question but there is a video here on LuLa in the Capture One 9 tutorial videos on round tripping from C1 to PS and back...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:09:41 am »

Id value advice on how to best accomplish this. Editing in CO to PS then in PS I may use for example luminance masking for the image and then external editor (eg Topaz detail or clarity) and from that produce a monochrome version (eg SilverEfex) as an added layer. With the monochrome layer deselected  "save as"  the colour image without layers a  copy tiff, then flatten the image (with monochrome on) and  on exiting PS  save that on the return trip to CO. The "saved" file (monochrome) is in CO catalogue but the "saved as" variant isnt although can be found in "Finder" (on Mac).

Hi Brandon,

Capture One has no knowledge of the other saved version.

Is there a simple way to have both (or more) variants come back into the catalogue (which BTW I have set up with the raw files maintained in their pre-existing location)? Trying to import the lost copy tiff from the import dialogue they cant be seen. (BTW I havent used global filters to hide processed tiffs).

I do not understand that "they can't be seen". Do you mean that these TIFFs are not visible when you look for them with an import, or no TIFFs at all? Have you set the C1 preferences to show TIFFs?

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mgrayson

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:28:38 am »

You can set up a hot folder that will import any new file. It's under the Camera menu (the actual menu at the top of the screen, not the tool tab).

brandon

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Managed to find the other tiffs (my error deep in a folder structure) and import them. The hot folder is a worthwhile idea (have used the same concept in LR as DAM for Sigma Merrill files from Sigma's Photo Pro). Cheers Brandon
Pages: [1]   Go Up