Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR can not be found.  (Read 968 times)

mtakeda

LR can not be found.
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »

If asked and answered, please excuse me. This is my workflow. I first read the card to external HDD then open LR and I see the folder name under external HDD on the left and hit import. Yesterday when I opened LR computer said LR catalogue can not be found and gave me a choice if I want to use " default catalogue" which I chose. Import was done and I can process the images as usual but the folder is only show under " recent import" rather than the folder name in drive c or external drive. Why this happens? Why the computer said LR catalogue can not be found. I use Windows10 and LR6.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Denis de Gannes

Re: LR can not be found.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:36:41 pm »

When you complete and import Lightroom will always show a location named "Previous import" selected. This is how it is by default however the actual files will be located in the Folder structure below. You may need to expand the Folder structure to show the actual location of the files. See the screen capture.
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

stingray

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »

It is likely, for whatever reason, that Lr could not find your catelog. It then gives you the option to create a new catelog. If you proceed, then the images imported at that stage will be the only images in a new catelog.

You may have moved the location of your original catelog inadvertently.  Do a search on your machine for *.lrcat and see if there are other catelogs on your system.  Check the size of the respective catelogs.

If you find your original catelog, if you double click on it it should open in Lightroom.  You can then use Import Catelog to import any images (and their current settings) from your recent imports back into your original catelog.

mtakeda

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:29:03 pm »

Thank you for both gentlemen, I was able to recover the folder. Thank you again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up