Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't do the Latest Adobe CC Update Yet  (Read 14127 times)

Ann JS

Re: Don't do the Latest Adobe CC Update Yet
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 04:47:55 pm »

Installation of 3.5.0.209 failed. Error code 1003. "Get help" link says "uninstall and reinstall" the CC app. Tried running the CC uninstaller, the message is: "Couldn't uninstall CC for desktop. You still have CC apps installed on your computer that require it."

Try this (I had the same experience and following the instructions in these notes fixed ACC for me):
---------
Re: Creative Cloud crashes at start up 

Follow below steps :

Step 1)
Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.
(Applications>Utiliites)
Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)
Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)
1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit ’Return’ key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)
~/library
3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.
Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4)
1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit ’Return’ key.
/library
3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.
Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 5)
Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :
Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .
http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 6 )
Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the Adobe Application Manager update is completed, it should launch Adobe Creative Cloud.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 05:09:42 pm »

You've just convinced me not to go any where near any of this upgrading until we are dead-certain they have a version that works properly. Life's too short for this kind of crap.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 05:28:00 pm »

... Creative Cloud crashes at start up...

Ann, thanks for the tips an the effort to help. Just to clarify, my CC app did not crash at start up; it worked, telling me there is an update, just refused to install that update.

In the meantime, I resolved the issue with the tried and true Bill Gates' advice: restart the computer. Go figure.

Ann JS

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 05:41:32 pm »

Glad re-booting worked for you.

In my cases, shutting-down+reboot did nothing but following those notes and clearing out those folders (particularly the OOBE stuff) resulted in a perfect clean-up.

I was then able to install ACC 209 and have seen no further problems with OSX or with any of my CC apps (or any of my other programs for that matter).

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 06:28:41 pm »

In the meantime, I resolved the issue with the tried and true Bill Gates' advice: restart the computer. Go figure.

Hi Slobodan,

I had that happening to me on an early morning plane-ride from Amsterdam to our London headquarters. After a considerable delay, the captain informed us that there was a problem with one of the auxiliary Autopilot systems, and because it was quite foggy at Heathrow airport, they wanted to make sure and have all 3 (i.e. 2 backup) systems functioning properly before taking-off.

After some more delay, the captain said that they had a phone call with Boeing in Seattle, who advised to shut down all power in the airplane, and hope that all relais switches would reset as intended upon restart ... Lights went out, airco shut off, systems rebooted, and off we went.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 08:22:48 pm »

Hey Bart,

Now that we are exchanging "war stories" about restarting, here is mine:

Lufthansa flight from Barcelona to Moscow, via Munich. As we were gaining altitude departing Munich, a huge boom was heard and felt. The plane started to try to regain balance and direction. We asked the crew why isn't the captain telling us what's going on. Their response: "He obviously has better things to do."  After about 10 terribly long minutes, with people crying etc., the captain finally told us we lost one engine (duh!), but not to worry, they are trained to fly with only one left. Right, I was thinking, but what happens if the second fails? Anyway, we returned safely to Munich, I gulped a huge glass of whisky, and an hour or so later, we continued on another plane to Moscow.

But that is just an intro into the rebooting story I promised. Upon landing in Moscow, I was telling this story to my friends, when one of them said with a typical Russian laconic attitude: "That's nothing." He proceeded to tell his story: flying on a Russian Illyshin plane, not otherwise known for a great safety record, one of the engines (of four) also stopped. Then another. I don't remember if the third failed too, but long story short, the captain announced what he is going to do: to shut down all four engines and then... restart them. And he did shut it down. My friend remembered that terribly long moment when there was an absolute silence in the air, somewhere above Siberia, and then that well-known sound like when you try to restart a stalled car engine: vrrrr...vrrrr... vrrrr. Nothing. Vrrrr...vrrrr... vrrr.. vroooommm, finally! All engines came roaring back and they landed safely. Ha!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 04:50:35 am »

Hey Bart,

Now that we are exchanging "war stories" about restarting, here is mine:[...]

LOL, although you didn't at that time, I'm sure.

The benefit of Siberia is that there will probably little collateral damage if all attempts fail (and pilots are trained for emergency landings, unfortunately the plane structure may not like it), the problem with London is that it's rather busy with every 45 seconds a plane making an approach for landing, that will burn fuel fast if you're put in a holding pattern waiting another turn trying to find the runway in the fog.

Well, there you go, if everything else fails, a cold reboot may get you going again ...

Cheers,
Bart

sniper

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 05:38:32 am »

LOL, although you didn't at that time, I'm sure.

The benefit of Siberia is that there will probably little collateral damage if all attempts fail (and pilots are trained for emergency landings, unfortunately the plane structure may not like it), the problem with London is that it's rather busy with every 45 seconds a plane making an approach for landing, that will burn fuel fast if you're put in a holding pattern waiting another turn trying to find the runway in the fog.

Well, there you go, if everything else fails, a cold reboot may get you going again ...

Cheers,
Bart
It's been rumioured that there was a third Wright brother, he's still waiting to land at Heathrow...  ;D

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 05:51:46 am »

It's been rumoured that there was a third Wright brother, he's still waiting to land at Heathrow...  ;D

LOL, also no autopilot and London fog, no doubt.

Cheers,
Bart
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up