Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Kozo on Canon ipf x400, any experience?  (Read 1983 times)

alain

Epson Kozo on Canon ipf x400, any experience?
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:04:02 am »

Hi

Has anybody used the Epson Kozo on a Canon ipf x400 series printer?

If yes, what are decent media settings?  Any pitfalls?

Thanks

alain

Re: Epson Kozo on Canon ipf x400, any experience?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:15:38 am »

Hi

Has anybody used the Epson Kozo on a Canon ipf x400 series printer?

If yes, what are decent media settings?  Any pitfalls?

Thanks
Has nobody tried it?

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 10:39:35 am »

I have been using the Awagami coated kozo that has a similar thickness on the 8300 with excellent results.
Canon has a Japanese paper media setting that works just right in regard to ink limits. The company Moab has an icc profile for this media that works very well. I make my own profiles but theirs work nicely. I believe Awagami has profiles also on their website. I don't use the Epson because they don't offer it in 44" rolls and it is not available in the US.

Has nobody tried it?

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:20 am »

Yes, We've been having great success with Kozo on our 8400, using (of all things) the water resistant art canvas, as a staring point. Then profiled with the i1.

Reflective prints looking very close the results on HPR, transflective being... Rather unique.

Pit falls - when you reload the paper, check for piping, as this can cause great unjoy when loading and printing.

alain

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:52:59 pm »

I have been using the Awagami coated kozo that has a similar thickness on the 8300 with excellent results.
Canon has a Japanese paper media setting that works just right in regard to ink limits. The company Moab has an icc profile for this media that works very well. I make my own profiles but theirs work nicely. I believe Awagami has profiles also on their website. I don't use the Epson because they don't offer it in 44" rolls and it is not available in the US.

Thanks

alain

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 05:53:53 pm »

Yes, We've been having great success with Kozo on our 8400, using (of all things) the water resistant art canvas, as a staring point. Then profiled with the i1.

Reflective prints looking very close the results on HPR, transflective being... Rather unique.

Pit falls - when you reload the paper, check for piping, as this can cause great unjoy when loading and printing.
Thanks, but what do you mean by "piping" here?

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 04:24:35 am »

Piping - when the roll of paper is rewound from the printer path, sometimes, the Kozo paper stands proud from the backing - kind of looks like corrugated card.

Causes all sorts of messy head crashes.

Only happened once, and I try to ensure that when we finish with the Kozo in the machine, it is taken out promptly, and wrapped full width, to keep the paper in close contact with the backing.

alain

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 06:31:49 pm »

Piping - when the roll of paper is rewound from the printer path, sometimes, the Kozo paper stands proud from the backing - kind of looks like corrugated card.

Causes all sorts of messy head crashes.

Only happened once, and I try to ensure that when we finish with the Kozo in the machine, it is taken out promptly, and wrapped full width, to keep the paper in close contact with the backing.
Thanks, very good to know.

I probably start with a 17" roll and see if it works and then I'm probably adding a 24" roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up