Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Fine Art Natural 230gsm Paper - iPF8400 Printer  (Read 1359 times)

tr4driver

Canon Fine Art Natural 230gsm Paper - iPF8400 Printer
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:32:10 pm »

Greetings,

Anyone using this combination (or any of the 230gsm Canon fine art papers with an iPF printer)?  I recently bought a roll, and when printing through Lightroom, I have been setting the printer control panel to "HW Art Paper", and setting the Lightroom color management to "Managed by Printer".  Are these the correct (best) settings for this paper?

Thanks,

Kurt

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon Fine Art Natural 230gsm Paper - iPF8400 Printer
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »

Kurt,

That would be a good setting, but I would recommend going through the printers MCT (Media Configuration Tool) to make sure your profile/setting options are all updated as you should have another setting available.

Which paper are you printing on and I can provide the best setting that your printer should have upfront?  Since there are many different Canon Fine Art media, they could use a different setting per weight, texture, etc.

Atlex.com

tr4driver

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 10:13:39 pm »

Thanks for the response.  I'm currently printing on Canon Fine Art Natural 230gsm.  After a little research, it appears that setting the printer control panel to "HW Art Paper" is the recommended option. I'm still a little confused as to what happens when you select "Managed by Printer" for the Lightroom color management setting.  Does the printer use a built in profile corresponding to the "HW Art Paper" setting?

Kurt

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 03:50:40 pm »

Kurt-  When you select the option to have the printer manage colors, it will use the made profile setting that the manufacturer created for that media to provide the best output quality.  Since it is a Canon paper, try the update with the Media Configuration Tool and it may give a few extra options.  The "HW Art Paper" is also a good setting for that paper.

Atlex.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up