Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLD: Sinar SINARBACK Emotion 22 MFDB + Mamiya RZ & Contax 645 adapters  (Read 2773 times)

Theodoros

For sale is a Sinarback Emotion 22 MFDB (22mp Dalsa Sensor, 36x48 in size) which was in my possession until four years ago and is now again for sale from my friend that got it off me and now has upgraded to another back. The back has been well looked after, there are some minor blemishes in its casing (nothing serious) and the screen glass has some (again minor) surface scratches visible only if the back is turned off.

Price is 1450 Euros with the (rotatable) Mamiya RZ adapter included.

The Contax adapter will set you back another 450 Euros and is only sold if one buys the back with the RZ adapter, it's not for sale as a separate item. Note that prices and the above conditions are not negotiable...

EDIT: In case one is interested to trade his Sinarback 75LV for this back (with the RZ adapter included), he may keep his adapter plate (to use it on the Emotion22 as the two backs are 100% compatible - case is identical) and I'll throw in the deal the fantastic Nikkor 85mm f2.8 PC micro lens (100% usable on both Canon & Sony α7 cameras too via inexpensive adapters) as to compensate for value difference.

(The trade offer may particularly interest Rollei or Sinar HY-6 camera users who intend to sell their HY-6 & Sinarback 75 combination, as they can reduce the asking price for their equipment by just swapping the Emotion 75 back for the Emotion 22 one).

I'm also open to negations for trading with an Imacon 528c/Hasselblad CF-22 MS MFDB...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:13:30 am by Theodoros »

Theodoros

For those that are unfamiliar with the Sinar Emotion 22 back, the back shares the same specifications and sensor with the Leaf Aptus 22 back but has advanced casing and cooling system which use a Peltier circuit, (no fun or holes on the body), the case is sturdier, the battery chamber is housed inside the back (no outside battery) and interface communication is via adapter plates which are user interchangeable.

Theodoros

Please note that the Mamiya RZ (rotatable) adapter includes an extremely accurate shimming plate with it and that it is an electronic one with CPU contacts. Therefore it is compatible with all Mamiya RZ models (RZ, RZ-D, RZ-DII) without any additional cable needed for the later models, while the the cable needed for the earlier models that don't have CPU contacts on the camera body, is also included.

Theodoros

This back is self contained, it records files on a CF card, but additionally offers internal memory of 3GB so that one can use it as extra recording space, or use the back without a CF card at all and record the files (up to 3 GB) in the back's memory only (or can use the internal memory as back-up). The back can record on a CF card of 32GB.

For processing one may use Sinar's latest software (version 1.3.5)  which is a free download and requires a plug in (again supplied by Sinar) that is unique for every different back (the plug in is unique for every different Serial number) so that it linearises the software as to be dedicated for each back. Then the software performs automatic corrections of aberrations for each capture made and maximises the result. One may export DNGs and process them in LR too, but there is a clear difference in performance if one uses the dedicated to the back software.

Theodoros

Please note that the adapter plate for Contax 645 camera platform I have with the back, is the latest type which includes a factory pre-calculated from Sinar shimming plate so that there is no shimming whatsoever required from the customer (the adapter kit costed 1180 euros)... The part number of my Contax plate is the 552.36.277 one, not the older 552.36.177 or the first introduced 552.36.077.

Theodoros

SOLD to a forum member... Thanks Martin!

fotolli

Re: SOLD: Sinar SINARBACK Emotion 22 MFDB + Mamiya RZ & Contax 645 adapters
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 06:08:54 pm »

Is the Contax 645 adapter still available or did it sell with the back?

I would be interested in it.

Thanks,

Oliver
Pages: [1]   Go Up