Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps Win10 PC connection?  (Read 808 times)

jtmiller

HP Z3200ps Win10 PC connection?
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:05:26 pm »

In setting up our Z3200ps a year or so ago I found that the HP Printer Utility didn't support connection via USB as mentioned in their errata. This was under Win7. We've used it via a network connection as a result.

We just upgraded to Win10 and were pleased to find HP has updated their drivers to support Win10 but still find the same erratum: no support for USB connection.

The driver seems to work properly as well as the utility when used via network connection on Win10. However now the bars showing ink level in the utility are not showing properly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (always logged as admin) and tried the utility as admin or as normal user with the same result. The printer is a few feet away so it isn't critical but I'm always careful to observe any misbehavior as a potential lurking bigger problem.

Not critical but wondering:

1. Does USB work ever?
2. Are others seeing the defect in ink reporting levels?

The printer works very well but in our particular arrangement direct connection via USB would simplify our configuration. Just wondering if any are working with USB and what your configuration is.

Thanks

Jim Miller
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:26:41 am by jtmiller »

jtmiller

Re: HP Z3200ps Win10 PC connection?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:30:37 am »

I finally had a chance to test it with the new drivers and USB does not work. I found an IOGear ethernet to WiFi bridge for ~$30 that works very well and has WPS for easy setup.

jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up