Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pixma Pro-100 Newby Questions  (Read 1283 times)

roscoetuff

• Skip Mersereau
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Newby Questions
« on: February 11, 2016, 11:13:23 am »

Curious if in using Lightroom or Photoshop to print, whether and which "configuration" software from Canon I need to keep loaded? Drive space isn't as big as it used to be!!! now that I have all these photos.

Also, although I've printed only one pic and loved it, noted that the printer seemed to crop it differently than LR. "One of those things that makes you say, 'Hmmmmm'." So I'm wondering whether I have an format/aspect ratio problem in LR and need to look there, or whether this is simply a setting I need to look for elsewhere?

Otherwise, I gotta say I am waaaaay impressed with how easy set-up and 1st trial print went. Tonight I'll be messing with Mr. SpyderPro5 to configure my monitor... but this simply opens a whole range of new areas to push my photography into. Hesitated due to bad experience with Ink Printers long ago... but glad to overcome that resistance as well.

Thanks in advance!
"Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find." Robert J. Flaherty, Cinematographer

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
Re: Canon Pixma Pro-100 Newby Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 11:20:08 am »

Are you using the plug-in under file-plugin extras in LR? That should give you a preview of the image exactly as it will be printed, assuming you have the paper size correctly specified.
Using the regular print dialogue makes it easier to get things wrong.

roscoetuff

• Skip Mersereau
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:30:53 am »

Ah.... that might be it. Yes, I used the dialog to print. No, I didn't try any plug-ins or much beyond that. I was just thrilled to print, loved the look, etc. and then "Hey... wait a minute..."
So I'll give that a shot tonight. Thanks for the heads up. I'm using LR's CC version... 'cause though folks complain about subscription, it sure seemed cheaper than updating and having to buy the whole thing all over. The fix should be easy enough to find! THANKS again!
"Go out looking for one thing, and that's all you'll ever find." Robert J. Flaherty, Cinematographer

GrahamBy

• Some of my photos
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 03:19:46 pm »

Just discovered something interesting with my pro-100 : if it runs an ink tank dry, it does not stop printing.

Usually I over-ride the "no ink" warning for a few more prints, at which stage the ink tank itself is dry but the foam filled section still looks to have ink halfway up.
Tonight the GY was in that state, and the next print out had fairly obviously been printed without the grey... it looked sort of solarized, since LGY and BK were both there but not the mid-tones (it was a B&W print). Swapped in a new tank and the next print was fine.

So don't expect the printer to give you a last chance to change...

jtoolman

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 01:44:14 pm »

And the perfect way to ruin....not BURN your printer head!!!! You need to replace your carts BEFORE that sponge is so dry that you begin to see the effects of NO INK on your prints!!!!

Sorry about my yelling at you. But you really need to realize that CANON Print Heads are thermal and thus require a constant supply of LIQUID
( that would be Ink ) to remain cool as they operate.

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up