Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for Bluetooth Mouse  (Read 1891 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Recommendations for Bluetooth Mouse
« on: February 07, 2016, 03:36:20 pm »

I have been trying to use a Logitech MX Master mouse for a couple of months and, while I like the mouse itself a great deal, its Bluetooth performance is terrible, with constant lag.
There are many comments online about this problem, in the Logitech forum and elsewhere, and there does not seem to be a solution.

Ready to give up on this mouse and looking for something else. I like the ergonomics of the MX master a lot. Not seeing any other Bluetooth mouse that stands out for me at the local Fry's or Best Buy.

Using Mac OS 10.11.2 if that matters.

bjanes

Re: Recommendations for Bluetooth Mouse
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »

On my Macbook pro (OS X el Capitan 10.11.3) the bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse (original version) is 100% reliable. On my Windows 10 desktop I have the Logitech MX master, which is also 100% reliable with the USB port. I have not tried the bluetooth connection. Why do you require bluetooth--lack of USB ports? If so, why not try a USB hub?

Bill

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »

Throw it in the cupboard and get the Apple Trackpad.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:50 pm »

Ready to give up on this mouse and looking for something else. I like the ergonomics of the MX master a lot. Not seeing any other Bluetooth mouse that stands out for me at the local Fry's or Best Buy.

Are doing digital imaging, particularly Photoshop? I've tried bluetooth mice but always go back to a USB mouse with optical accuracy. No lag and very precise.

David Eichler

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 01:59:49 am »

Sorry, switched channels and it works okay now, for the most part, with just an occasional bit of lag. However, this new channel was one that was causing the same kind of laggy performance previously with the same equipment. On the other hand, no problem at all on a third channel with my MBP. When it works, performance is quite snappy and satisfactory. On a related subject, I periodically have connection problems and lag with a wireless Apple keyboard and the desktop computer. Not sure what is going on with these intermittent problems. Don't think anything is changing in my system. Interference from outside perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:50:24 am by David Eichler »

David Eichler

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:52:49 am »

Are doing digital imaging, particularly Photoshop? I've tried bluetooth mice but always go back to a USB mouse with optical accuracy. No lag and very precise.

The Bluetooth is fine for me with Photoshop when it works. I generally use a wired tablet and stylus for editing work requiring significant precision.

dpirazzi

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 02:59:04 pm »

I'm new to the MX Master and have been using it for about a month. Overall great performance and ergonomics, if a little over priced.

I do have trouble when using it with my laptop, but only when the laptop's wifi is also being used on 2.4ghz connection. But I believe this is a limitation of the laptop radio, not the mouse. Cordless phones (using 2.4ghz) in use around Bluetooth mice can also affect their performance.

On the two other computers this mouse is connected to, it's performance is good, no lag at all. Really like being able to switch the mouse between three computers with just a button push.
Pages: [1]   Go Up