Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR HDR merge, de-ghosting max and Noise issues  (Read 707 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
LR HDR merge, de-ghosting max and Noise issues
« on: February 07, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »

I noticed this when the LR version first came out with HDR, back in late summer.  If you have a normal series of exposures and select de-ghosting to max many if not most of the time LR will pull too much noise into the HDR.  Any other setting for de-ghosting works fine.  If you are working on a pano, 4 images, 12 total, then this causes you to create to HDR dng files if you need the de-ghosting on max to control things like cloud motion.  Which just makes the create of the pano more complicated.

Does anyone with an inside track with Adobe, or LR or both know of a way to open a problem ticket like you can with C1?  I have mentioned this in other forums, and a lot of photographers have agreed the issue is there, but I don't know of a way to open a problem ticket for LR.

This one issue really stumps me, and I am now wondering if the LR team will ever address it, as they seem to fix some things quickly and other they allow to go through multiple versions. 

They have such a good workflow going, it's a bit sad to see just this one issue causing it from being a great solution. 

I guess many photographers are still not using the LR HDR tools? or just not seeing this?

Thanks
Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up