Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adjusting LCD's RGB during calibration  (Read 3583 times)

Serge Cashman

Adjusting LCD's RGB during calibration
« on: May 04, 2006, 06:43:38 pm »

I understand that manually adjusting RGB settings on a non-DDC (less than 10 bit internal LUTs) LCD leads to the loss of some monitor colors and can possibly cause visible artifacts.

However sometimes it's unavoidable if I want to match white point on two separate monitors.

The question is - what is actually affected, where it gets stored and how it gets loaded?

Thanks in advance.

bruce fraser

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 07:07:19 pm »

I understand that manually adjusting RGB settings on a non-DDC (less than 10 bit internal LUTs) LCD leads to the loss of some monitor colors and can possibly cause visible artifacts.

However sometimes it's unavoidable if I want to match white point on two separate monitors.

The question is - what is actually affected, where it gets stored and how it gets loaded?

Thanks in advance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You're adjusting the LUTs in the video card (which is basically the same as editing an 8-bit/channel image). The LUTs are stored in the profile. On Windows, how they get loaded depends on the calibration software and, conceivably, on the video card.

Serge Cashman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:12:40 pm »

Thank you. So I assume it would not affect the calibration of a second computer connected to the same monitor (unlike the RGB guns on a CRT).

bruce fraser

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:37:59 am »

Thank you. So I assume it would not affect the calibration of a second computer connected to the same monitor (unlike the RGB guns on a CRT).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64529\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

With digital connections, no, with analog ones, yes, because different video cards send different voltages in analog. In digital, it's all numbers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up