Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will HP make a next-gen Z Series Printer?  (Read 24754 times)

John Nollendorfs

Re: Will HP make a next-gen Z Series Printer?
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2016, 04:02:38 pm »

Wow:
I just realized that despite not paying for the privilege of reading Luminous Landscape News, I can still post to the Forums!!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents about what a great printer HP made in the Z. The one thing that neither Mark or the "shadow" have noted about the printer is the algorithm HP uses to lay down the ink. It uses about 2X the Lt Gray ink and any other color in their undercolor removal scheme. This results in a much more neutral looking print, less prone to non-linear fading and much less metamerism. I know the older Epson printers used about 2X the Lt Magenta & Lt Cyan inks, which resulted in greater print to print inconsistencies and a non-linear fade result.

John Nollendorfs

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »

Add me to the list of those who would eagerly jump at the opportunity for a Z3300.

shadowblade

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2016, 12:44:23 am »

Hoping for some news at Photokina 2016...

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:56 am »

It’s been a long time now since all the speculation about HP manufacturing a new printer.  It’s a very interesting read, considering that now HP has indeed continued to stay in the fine art printing market with the advent of the Z6 and Z9+ printers.

Interesting to see how how many viewed HP as being out of the game.

Kudos to HP for continuing the Z Series printer line.  Time will tell, again how the Z9 stacks up against the Z3200.  At the time, I had a very good idea that HP would be bringing the Z9 out, but just couldn’t say.

I’m hoping that the Z9+ will prove to be as good if not better that the Z3200.

Bringing this to the forefront again, simply as a historical record of where we stodd on this issue in light of the new development of HP’s Z series printer offerings.

Mark

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up