Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BenQ SW2700PT Review  (Read 4162 times)

MF

BenQ SW2700PT Review
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:31:24 am »

i read the review and when i looked that the calibration/profiling results i wonder if you really only measure the few greyscale colors and the three primary colours?

i mean, a calibration/profiling with only a few points is pretty useless.

or did i miss something here?

howardm

Re: BenQ SW2700PT Review
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 08:32:22 am »

It's not unusual of for calibration 'results' of various software packages to show an abbreviated list of colors vs. the complete list that was used to do the calibration.

MF

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 08:40:19 am »

It's not unusual of for calibration 'results' of various software packages to show an abbreviated list of colors vs. the complete list that was used to do the calibration.

but only red, blue and green at 255?

only a good amount of measuring points can really tell if a monitor is good or not.

in case of the benq i read somewhere that it has nonlinarities and having such a small number of measuring points will not tell me much.

ok they offer an average and maximum deltaE but that seem to be an average and maximum from that small number of points.
so i ask myself if the included software is worth anything or just a point more on the feature list.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:48:13 am by MF »

TonyW

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:36:18 am »

I agree it seems likely that this would be an abbreviated list from the software (palette master?) no idea if a full version available have you checked the user manuals ?
http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/sw2700pt/downloads/

In any case you will need a measurement device and probably the best at an affordable price the i1 Display Pro?  If the BenQ product cannot do enough then the X-Rite software will.

Soli

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 01:26:21 pm »

I'm not a subscriber so I can't read the review. But Tomshardware did a thorough review of it:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/benq-sw2700pt-27-inch-qhd-professional-monitor,4374.html
Seems like good value.

howardm

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:51 pm »

I was going to install to install the software just to see but it wanted to install a boatload of libraries and I wasn't that interested.  They also say there is a basic/advanced mode, perhaps advanced lets you choose more/less # patches.  There's no way the software simply goes down the grayscale, hits the primaries and calls the job done.  There have to be more colors.  Spectraview and BasICColor do exactly the same thing.  Spectraview just shows the gray's and BasICColor shows grays and maybe a dozen colors.

Lundberg02

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 08:09:16 pm »

Never heard of any pro using a BenQ for any purpose.

howardm

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 11:09:54 pm »

Way to go full elitist !

Maybe, just maybe, this is the first BenQ that is good enough.

Lundberg02

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 03:27:22 am »

just sayin'  I use a Dell wide which is not elitist at all.

BradSmith

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 02:13:00 pm »

There's no way the software simply goes down the grayscale, hits the primaries and calls the job done.  There have to be more colors.  Spectraview and BasICColor do exactly the same thing.  Spectraview just shows the gray's and BasICColor shows grays and maybe a dozen colors.

Correct.  The Tomshardware review mentioned in a reply above says......."Palette Master works hands-off and requires around 10 minutes to measure 57 color patches."

BradSmith

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »

This seems to be a huge breakthrough in the battle between quality/capability and price.  At least with US pricing.
Eizo and NEC 27" units with near total Adobe RGB coverage seem to dominate the high end monitor market.  I've chosen their lowest priced models that do this.  Prices in the US, with monitor, calibration device and software (NEC Spectraview or XRite i1Display Pro) and hood: 

Eizo CS270  $1,514
NEC PA272  $1,406
BenQ 2700  $   855

Wow!  Huge difference.

pw-pix

• My Flickr stream
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 01:18:52 am »

Dell have had very capable and well regarded wide gamut monitors in 24, 27 and 30 inch sizes for years.
Their 27" is similarly priced to the BenQ reviewed in this article.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 08:15:26 am »

There's no way the software simply goes down the grayscale, hits the primaries and calls the job done.  There have to be more colors.  Spectraview and BasICColor do exactly the same thing.  Spectraview just shows the gray's and BasICColor shows grays and maybe a dozen colors.
Spectraview does the three primaries as well as the grays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up