Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Placing a Large Format Printer on a Table  (Read 1201 times)

raminolta

Placing a Large Format Printer on a Table
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »

I am wondering if anyone has placed their large format printer (24" or wider) on a table instead of using their own stand? I am thinking of placing my ipf6400 on a cabinet instead of using its stand so that I can make use of the underneath space to store things.  My question is how then I can capture the output print, preventing it from falling on the floor? (The print basket attaches to the stand not to the printer.)

Thanks.

Pete Berry

Re: Placing a Large Format Printer on a Table
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 01:57:23 pm »

I am wondering if anyone has placed their large format printer (24" or wider) on a table instead of using their own stand? I am thinking of placing my ipf6400 on a cabinet instead of using its stand so that I can make use of the underneath space to store things.  My question is how then I can capture the output print, preventing it from falling on the floor? (The print basket attaches to the stand not to the printer.)

Thanks.

Here's an example of a salvaged solid oak 40" kitchen base cabinet with my iPF5100 atop on a 3/4" ply base that allows the printer to be moved easily on the smooth laminate top. The 11" margin to the right should be sufficient for the 6400. The drawers and cabinet below are perfect for my 17" rolls and larger cut-sheet paper. 8 1/2x11 stock in the 12" cabinet to it's right. The interior depth of the cabinet is 23 1/2" so lengthwise only for wider rolls.  I imagine the basket could be adapted without too much trouble.

Whereas a heavy oak table was previously shaky while printing, this is rock solid.

Pete

dpirazzi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »

Here is my ipf-8300 on a cabinet I built to provide storage for supplies and prints. But to your question - the prints do fall to the floor if I'm not there to catch them.

Paul Roark

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:47:15 pm »

FWIW, the first signs of separation and color inconsistency in the MIS blended carbon + color B&W inkset of the day was on a 7500 that was on a solid table.  It appeared to us that the shaking of the flimsy bases may actually have helped in keeping the pigments in the carts agitated.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

raminolta

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 04:00:15 pm »

Thanks for all replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up