Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colorburst RIP: 4800 questions  (Read 2749 times)

JerryL

Colorburst RIP: 4800 questions
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:15:20 am »

Hi all.

Finally installed the Colorburst RIP that came bundled with my 4800, and realized an important question...

Does the RIP allow me to use 3rd party profiles? I like the Ilford Smooth Pearl, and have a corresponding profile I'm very happy with when printing via PS to the Epson driver directly.

But in looking at the RIP, it's hard to tell how to or if I can use that profile. Under the Options menu, there is a menu item called ICC profile options With this dialog, there's a place for an input profile for an RGB image where I can specify the profile of choice, but I can't tell if that'll do the job.

Thanks for your help...

[span style='color:blue']Jerry[/span]

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:55:11 am »

Nope, the Epson branded version of ColorBurst only supports Epson paper only. The full priced version of ColorBurst allows using custom paper profiles.

JerryL

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 04:15:08 am »

Nope, the Epson branded version of ColorBurst only supports Epson paper only. The full priced version of ColorBurst allows using custom paper profiles.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64449\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, Jeff - appreciate the quick response.  Hoping that QImage will suit my needs (referenced in the other thread I posted in this section).

[span style='color:blue']Jerry[/span]
Pages: [1]   Go Up