Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of Leaf Credo 40  (Read 2179 times)

G.A.

Status of Leaf Credo 40
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:00 am »

Hello everyone,

The Credo 40 is not listed on the Mamiya Leaf website anymore but I see it listed on Capture Integration's website and their digitalback.com site as well.  I see that these backs were introduced in 2012 meaning they are getting up there in age technologically speaking, are these backs in the process of being discontinued? 

I know that USB3 has been functional with this back for about a year but I can't find any information as to how well it works as compared to FW800 which is rock solid(as long as you can keep the plug from flopping around).  Is USB3 usable with this back day in and day out like FW800?  Is it comparable in speed to FW800?

On a side note does anyone know if Phase One still makes adapter plates for it's sliding back?

Best regards,
G.A.

torger

Re: Status of Leaf Credo 40
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:03:44 am »

The adapter plates are the same plates as Linhof is using, so they are still made. I don't know if you can buy them from Phase One though, or if you must buy them through Linhof.

The Credo 40 is in the process of being discontinued, like all 44x33mm 40MP CCD-based products. I don't think they make new ones but may still be some in stock. A dealer knows better than me though.

I don't know anything about the USB3/FW800 issue so someone else has to answer that.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:04:01 am »

USB3 on this back or any IQ Credo back is 100%. Since the firmware update that enabled USB3 the pre have really been no problems. Phase One has an excellent tethering platform with USB 3 both for studio or field work.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:58 am »

We have a refurb Credo 40 package with DF+ and 80LS for $9,990.

You should never judge a camera based on its release date or age. Some cameras are hopelessly behind at launch and some are ahead of their time by years. Judge them by actually trying them out and seeing how well they fit your needs.

If you don't need high ISO the refurb Credo 40 is one of the best deals going in medium format. Syncs at 1/1600, full suite of modern high quality lenses, fast and rock solid tethering, compatibility with and bespoke color profiles within Capture One.

USB3 is the go to option for tethering; it connects faster, transfers faster, and is easier to find computers for. FireWire 800 is still there, and does have the benefit of powering the back and therefore reducing the frequency of battery changes, but FireWire is slowly but surely fading away.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:31:12 am by Doug Peterson »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:37:01 pm »

Hello everyone,

The Credo 40 is not listed on the Mamiya Leaf website anymore but I see it listed on Capture Integration's website and their digitalback.com site as well.  I see that these backs were introduced in 2012 meaning they are getting up there in age technologically speaking, are these backs in the process of being discontinued? 

I know that USB3 has been functional with this back for about a year but I can't find any information as to how well it works as compared to FW800 which is rock solid(as long as you can keep the plug from flopping around).  Is USB3 usable with this back day in and day out like FW800?  Is it comparable in speed to FW800?

On a side note does anyone know if Phase One still makes adapter plates for it's sliding back?

Best regards,
G.A.

Welcome on board G.A.

The Credo 40 is in production just like all other Credo models. You can in fact find it on the table at the bottom of this page and in all the brochures and data sheets. As Doug says USB3.0 has become the standard connection on most newer PCs and Macs but if yours has got FireWire then that one works fine.

Hope this helps
BR
Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

G.A.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:03:41 pm »

The adapter plates are the same plates as Linhof is using, so they are still made. I don't know if you can buy them from Phase One though, or if you must buy them through Linhof.

The Credo 40 is in the process of being discontinued, like all 44x33mm 40MP CCD-based products. I don't think they make new ones but may still be some in stock. A dealer knows better than me though.

I don't know anything about the USB3/FW800 issue so someone else has to answer that.

Torger,

Thanks for the information regarding the Linhof adapter plates, I appreciate it greatly.

G.A.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 05:28:56 pm »

We have a refurb Credo 40 package with DF+ and 80LS for $9,990.

You should never judge a camera based on its release date or age. Some cameras are hopelessly behind at launch and some are ahead of their time by years. Judge them by actually trying them out and seeing how well they fit your needs.

If you don't need high ISO the refurb Credo 40 is one of the best deals going in medium format. Syncs at 1/1600, full suite of modern high quality lenses, fast and rock solid tethering, compatibility with and bespoke color profiles within Capture One.

USB3 is the go to option for tethering; it connects faster, transfers faster, and is easier to find computers for. FireWire 800 is still there, and does have the benefit of powering the back and therefore reducing the frequency of battery changes, but FireWire is slowly but surely fading away.

Doug and Paul,

Thats good to know about USB 3, I haven't been paying much attention to things pertaining to digital backs and didn't realize USB 3 had caught up to FW800.

G.A.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 05:32:41 pm »

Welcome on board G.A.

The Credo 40 is in production just like all other Credo models. You can in fact find it on the table at the bottom of this page and in all the brochures and data sheets. As Doug says USB3.0 has become the standard connection on most newer PCs and Macs but if yours has got FireWire then that one works fine.

Hope this helps
BR
Yair

Thanks for the welcome and the info Yair.  I don't know how I missed the back on the website last night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up