Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honduras  (Read 770 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Honduras
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:47:48 pm »

An old friend who runs an education charity in Honduras has asked me if I can come shoot some photos for him next month. They are in the village of La Venta about 20 Miles out of the capital city (which I see leads the world in homicides). He assures me it's safe out of the city and having traveled in Mexico a bit I can see that's probably true. He has taken his family in the past and it all went well.

Anyway he wants scenic shots from the village and nearby as well as people shots, but they already have a bunch of those so I'd be the scenic guy. To me that sounds really nice! My work would be volunteer but they would pay my travel expenses. I'm ok with that especially since it is for a charity and it's not my usually type of photo work which should make it more interesting. Images could be good portfolio builders and at the very least it would be an adventure!

Have any of you been there? What can you tell me about it?

Also, I'm wondering what photo gear to bring. I'm thinking my K mount crop setup for sure with some weather resistant lenses but I'd also like to bring the 645D for those dusk and dawn big scenic shots but I don't have an ultra wide OR any lenses with weather resistance. I might be able to buy a 55mm WR lens before then as I was already thinking of doing so but I'm not sure how necessary UWA or WR would be on this trip. We won't be camping. I could rent a 28-45 which would cover WR and UWA but it's big, heavy, and won't be cheap.

Anyone got any advice for me? I have a couple of days to think it over before I have to commit.
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up