Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5Ds and Eyefi cards  (Read 1183 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Canon 5Ds and Eyefi cards
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:12:00 pm »

Any experience with that?

Using it with a CF adapter (for the second slot in the camera)? Btw, 5Ds isn't listed among the supported cameras for the CF adapter on the Eyefi website.

Anyone paring it with an iPad for live view, remote shooting?

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Canon 5Ds and Eyefi cards
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

My only experience with the EyeFi cards was, to say the least, disappointing. That was with my 1Dx. I've yet to use the EyeFi on my 5Ds because I can't imagine it is capable of coping with or pushing the data stream the 5Ds requires. It was kludgy and slow on my 1Dx, plus I hated the interface to use it. Granted, this is my own bias with the EyeFi and you may have had better experiences. The times I tried to use the 1Dx with the EyeFi, the EyeFi/iPad choked, so I can't image it's any better with the 5Ds.

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Canon 5Ds and Eyefi cards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:28:07 pm »

The reliability may be dependent on the adapter. I got a Transcend version, and it works good as long as the adpater connects well. I have had to insert the card on a few occasions, regularly. So The transcend wifi works well, and have cool software options. I was looking at the EyeFi vs the Trans, and opted for the Trans.  The adapter I got was an off brand, and perhaps I need to replace that one. From reading, EyeFi was no better than the Trans.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up