Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji Xpro 2 or Sony A7rii  (Read 12553 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Fuji Xpro 2 or Sony A7rii
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:10 pm »

Good to know on the 10-24, with the 24MP chip out now, that lens is appealing. 

I agree the 16-55 is a beast and I really wish Fuji would have added OIS to it, one other short fall beside weight and mass. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 06:54:57 am »

While the 10-24 is not small it's not that big either, has the same weight as the 56. The 16-55 is 60% heavier.

I agree. With the lens hood reversed, the 10-24 fits in a pretty tight space in my small bag. Optically it's pretty good, and the stabilization is excellent.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

Kaypee

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »

Both the X-E2 and the X-T1 are good as walk around cameras. Small, quiet shutters, and anonymous. The X-T1 has the edge in IQ and handling, and the flip screen is very handy for street shooting. No one pays much attention to someone looking down at their camera.
I didn't go for Sony because the lenses are back to full frame size and I loathe adapters for general work. Plus the Fuji is a complete system, apart from fully auto flash. When I found that the image quality from X-T1 out performed my 5DII I went to Fuji exclusively. It's the total system that gives me visibly better results for 24" wide prints.
But, there is a small learning curve to get the best out of the sensor.
David

I tried the X-T1 today. It was my first experience with an evf and I while I liked the handle of the camera the evf completely put me off. I spend enough time looking at screens.
So I guess that points towards the xpro2.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 12:02:54 am »

I tried the X-T1 today. It was my first experience with an evf and I while I liked the handle of the camera the evf completely put me off. I spend enough time looking at screens.
So I guess that points towards the xpro2.
I have a friend who finds all evfs drive her mad. I like them but would never recommend someone buys a camera with only an evf without being sure it works for them.

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 02:00:51 pm »

I have a friend who finds all evfs drive her mad. I like them but would never recommend someone buys a camera with only an evf without being sure it works for them.

That was my feeling until I saw the Sony current evf. I have the A7ii and it is now my main camera for my work (architecture/interiors) and for walk-around shooting. Look forward to using it for portraits, which I do occasionally as well. The only things I would prefer my Canons for is high iso and fast action.

Mostly use Canon lenses on the Sony body.

orc73

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 04:29:58 am »

not sure if it makes sense to compare, other then size they are very different beasts.
Double the price, double the pixels. FF vs crop. Lenses tend to be bigger on the Sony, and more expensive.tend.
The Fuji is a joy to use with every bottom press, the sony makes me feel like using a computer, which I dont like.
Raw converter support is better on the Sony, which can be a big deal.
The OV on the fuji is certainly bad for longer focal lenghts. I guess you have the option to use the EV just like on the Sony.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up