Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your favorite Canson paper?  (Read 6005 times)

cortlander

Re: Your favorite Canson paper?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 08:25:28 am »

I tried the Olfa circular blades but I have no idea how you can cut with those.  When I use then I always get a sort of offset from where I actually want the cut to be.  That is regardless of whether I am using a straight edge or running the blade along the gator board.  Maybe I have bad technique but it didn't work for me.

I have done this many times and it is quite simple.  First, if need be, make pin pricks at each of the corners of the print to help as a guide. Lay it face down, with a tissue in-between, on a self healing sewing board. Peel a couple of inches off a self-adhesive gator board, and position it on the print. Flip over, and as you peel the rest of the paper off the gator board, keep on smoothing the print over it, taking care to press out bubbles. Next put the print face down, on a tissue, on the cutting board and you are ready to cut. No straight edge needed. With a fresh blade in the rotary cutter, guide it from the end closest to you towards the far end. Keep the angle of the blade slightly tilted so that it is snug against the bottom (else you may nick the back of the gator board). Do this for each edge. Check if you missed anything. Turn it around and examine your masterpiece.
cortlander
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up