Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645 adapter plate for Actus?  (Read 1425 times)

wallpaperviking

Pentax 645 adapter plate for Actus?
« on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:47 am »

Just received this email regarding a Cambo lens plate for the Actus that provides manual aperture control for modern electronic Pentax 645 lenses...

https://cambouk.wordpress.com/

What do you guys think?  Are the Pentax lenses up to scratch for this purpose?  Do they compare to modern Hasselblad H and Phase lenses?

The Pentax WA zoom looks very appealing indeed..  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:52:07 am by wallpaperviking »

wallpaperviking

Re: Cambo adapter plate for Actus?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:38 am »

Was just wondering about the Pentax 645 lenses again, after seeing they had a 28mm - 45mm zoom.

With Cambo's adapter plate, this does allow basic aperture control with such a lens right? 

This is taken from Cambo's blog..

"The Pentax lens plate is manual, it does have the benefit of a lever to change the aperture when the lens is already fixed to the Cambo Actus. This is because Pentax lenses have a manual aperture control and we can take advantage of this."

So I take this to be similar to the Nikon G adapters, that give you a basic change of aperture..

Can anybody confirm this? 

Anybody used the 28mm - 45mm zoom?  Seems like it could be awesome, albeit very heavy.. 

Thanks in advance!

tsjanik

Re: Pentax 645 adapter plate for Actus?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 03:22:11 pm »

The consensus is it's a wonderful lens; however, as you know it's very heavy, to the point I'm not inclined to carry it very far.   If I were using the Cambo, I would look at some of the older and very inexpensive manual Pentax lenses first, e.g. the 35mm A is close to performance to the zoom and costs about 400 USD.
Attached a handheld shot and crop that illustrates contrast and edge performance.
Tom

Craig Magee

• www.craigmagee.co.uk
Re: Pentax 645 adapter plate for Actus?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 04:44:11 pm »

The adapter has 1/2 stop clicks I think, i had one on test but can't quite remember. It was very well made so would take the larger modern zooms easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up